Prolific Poster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Read HX711

@Charlie No, according to the datasheet its serial data clocked out of the adc. I think I've got the bridge wired wrong. Maybe I'll give up on this controller and get one that labelled sensibly, trouble is that'll take forever.
    George.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi George

Pretty certain it is SPI although it does not seem to have CS

Tim
    Tim

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Prolific Poster
    Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

I guess thats a matter of opinion, I don't believe that clocked serial data without CS is SPI. Certainly no SPI command (in any language) is going to work on this.

Re. you enquiry, surely there must be "a chip for that".
    George.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 52
    Total Downloaded
    3.89 GB

0 Not allowed!

It uses its own protocol, not a regular pattern.

Ricardo Urio

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes your right

Here is the data sheet

https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/ForceFlex/hx711_english.pdf

I
    purchased a module that has a can over the converter No idea if it will help but will have a play when/if it arrives. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32890345110.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.dafe4c4d7nj iPl

Load cell looks naff but give me something to play with.

BTW the coronavirus is causing havoc in China. I have loads of orders delayed that is impacting my sales. Poor people

Tim
    Tim

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 GB

0 Not allowed!

Mine got: -

GND
    DT
    SCK
    VCC

I got four sensors with this module. I will try to connect only three, which I found no information how to connect them.

Back to Tim question: -

Sensor connection to board I have: - E+ E-, A- A+, B+ B-.

I have read somewhere that the B+ B- must be left unconnected, otherwise there will be a lot of cross-talking and results are inaccurate, something that you do not want as you need a resolution of 1g.

Please note that this is what I read on another forum, so that information could be incorrect, but for some reason, all circuit diagrams I have seen do not have the B+ and B- connected.
    Regards

Joseph

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    BTW the coronavirus is causing havoc in China. I have loads of orders delayed that is impacting my sales. Poor people

Tim
    Just heard this minute that 90% of flights to and from China are cancelled. This news came from Malta post to inform customers that there could be long delays
    Regards

Joseph

14. Attention

Prolific Poster
    Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

@Joe what colour wires do you have from the load cells and how are they connected?
    George.

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by towlerg View Post
    @Joe what colour wires do you have from the load cells and how are they connected?
    I have three wires from each load cell. They are: - Red, Black and White.

Attached are some information I found on the web, including how to connect to the board.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards

Joseph

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 GB

0 Not allowed!

What I am looking for is to use only three load cell. To be honest I bought them a while ago and never had a chance to try it, although I did some research.
    Regards

Joseph

20. Attention

Prolific Poster
    Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

@Joe I have similar to your s-l16004.jpg 4 wires, apparently 2 loadcells and different legend on ADC board.
    George.

22. Attention

Thread Information