Thread: Asm error2132 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    Total Downloaded
    635.80 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Asm error

I'm just updating a old design. The old design used a 18f4685, I needed more pins and program space. The new processor Is a 18f67J10. I made changes to the original code to allow It to run on the new processor. The new processor doesn't have eeprom so I have commented out all the ewrite and eread commands. When I go to compile it I get the following
    Code:
    Message[308] C:\PROJECTS\DIMO\SMARTCHARTIII\A.S 252 : Warning level superseded by command line value. (2)
    Error[113]   C:\PROJECTS\DIMO\SMARTCHARTIII\A.S 5205 : Symbol not previously defined (EEPGD)

5205       BSF EECON1,EEPGD                    ; SET UP FOR A READ OPERATION
    It looks like that it has something to do with accessing eeprom but I have double checked to see if I had left any ewrite and eread commands uncommented and there are none. Any thoughts on what I can try next.

Geoff

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Asm error

Hi Geoff,
    The EEPGD bit is not implemented in the PIC18f67J10.
    Could you post the basic piece of code?
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    635.80 MB

0 Not allowed!

There is 6500 lines of basic code and about 80 formulas inside that belong to my customer that I had to sign a NDA for. I've been looking at the asm and the lst file to try and narrow down where that error is coming from. Any ideas how I can narrow it down?

Geoff

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

I understand, only the above 3 lines would be necessary ot this code:

5205 BSF EECON1,EEPGD

Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    635.80 MB

0 Not allowed!

Im not sure what you mean about the above 3 lines.

Ive been looking at the asm and the lst files and have been trying to see what line of basic code is producing the error on line 5205. The asm file seems to jump around a bit at first then follows the basic file. Line 5205 is in the area where it is bouncing around

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes, That meant. you should find the basic lines of code corresponding to this ASM code.
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    635.80 MB

0 Not allowed!

I've found the line that causes the error."Declare GLCD_EXTERNAL_PRINT = PPRINT" The exact same program compiles fine with a 18f4685 but when I use the 18F67J10 it gives me that "Symbol not previously defined (EEPGD)" error.

Im a bit stumped right now. I need to get it going with the 18f67j10.

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    635.80 MB

0 Not allowed!

Looking in PPRINT_16I I can see the line that comes up in the Error Bsf EECON1,EEPGD ; Setup for read operation

I don't understand what is going on here. Appreciate if someone could help out.

Code:
    ; Start of print routine
    ; Look up the address for the char number in pchar
    ;
        Clrf TBLPTRU
        Movf _PCHAR#DATA,W                  ; Multiplier to get word address
        Mullw 2                             ; Do the sums
        Movff _PFONT_TBL#ADDRS,TBLPTRL      ; Get the font address and save it to the table pointers
        Movff _PFONT_TBL#ADDRSH,TBLPTRH
        Movf PRODL,W                        ; Now add the font address (in the table pointers) to the result of the first sum
        Addwf TBLPTRL,F
        Movf PRODH,W
        Addwfc TBLPTRH,F                    ; That done table pointers holds the address in table to look for pchar address
        Bsf EECON1,EEPGD                    ; Set up for a read operation
        Tblrd*+                             ; Read the font address
        Movf TABLAT,W                       ; Store low byte of address in WREG for now
        Tblrd*
        Movff TABLAT, TBLPTRH               ; Place high byte of address into TBLPTRH
        Movwf TBLPTRL                       ; Now place the low byte (stored in WREG) into TBLPTRL
        Tblrd*+
        Movff TABLAT,PFONT_BYTES            ; Find out how many bytes per line make up char

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Because the PIC18f4685 has a eeprom memory, is necesary to set the EECON1,EEPGD bit to choose the Flash memory to read/write. Now in the 18F67J10 there is not eeprom memory, this bit is not necessary. You can delete this line in the basic file (or write a comma before the line).
    bsf EECON1,EEPGD
    You are using a library not a command and this case has not been scheduled.
    I can't give you a more elegant solution because my PC is broken and I have no access to my libraries.
    You can use the preprocessor to have the 2 modes.
    Alberto

Last edited by AlbertoFS; 5th August 2014 at 08:04.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

1 Not allowed!

I have the Proton files into the internet PC and I can modify this file using the preprocessor. It is easy.
    $if _eeprom > 0
    Bsf EECON1,EEPGD ; Set up for a read operation
    $endif
    See the attachment file and try it.
    You can repeat this metod for other EECON1,EEPGD lines.
    Alberto
    PPRINT_16I.zip
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    635.80 MB

0 Not allowed!

That worked great. Thank you so much for your help.

Geoff

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Very nice Geoff,
    Now the file is compatible with and without eeprom.
    I saw there are more PPrint_xx,inc files with this detail. When my PC will come back I'll modify the others files and upload here.
    The reason could be that seam very old files.
    Cheers,
    Alberto
    Last edited by AlbertoFS; 5th August 2014 at 19:11.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Greetings Alberto,
    The modified files would be easier to find if you put them on the Wiki. Any chance of doing this when you finish the task?
    John

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

All right John,
    I'll put the files on the Wiki as soon as possible.
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sounds great, thanks Alberto
    John
    VK5DJ

30. Attention

Thread Information