SHOut error my code or proton anomoly?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SHOut error my code or proton anomoly?2014 days old

POLL

0 Not allowed!

Default SHOut error my code or proton anomoly?

Hello all

I use the proton compiler 3.5.6.7 and PIC16F876
    The problem is created with the use of command Declare Xtal

If add command Declare Xtal 10 in my code in order that the frequency of clock is 10MHZ

Then the SHOut ceases it functions

Without the addition of command Declare Xtal 10 it functions eminently
    you explain to me why happens this

thanks

Code:
    Device = 16F876
    Declare Reminders Off
    @ CONFIG_REQ = 0 ; configuration settings
    Asm-
    __Config  0x3F71 ;FOSC_XT & WDTE_OFF & PWRTE_ON & CP_OFF & BOREN_ON & LVP_OFF & CPD_OFF & WRT_ON & DEBUG_OFF 
    Endasm-
    Declare Reminders On

Declare Xtal 10
    Declare All_Digital = True
    ;Declare Shift_DelayUs 100

TRISB = 111111
    TRISC = 000000 
    PORTC = 000000       

Dim alarm  As Byte
    Dim Flag  As Byte
    Dim bleg  As Word

'****************************************************************
            Symbol clock=PORTC.6
            Symbol data_pin=PORTC.5
            Symbol strb=PORTC.7
            Symbol oe=PORTC.4
    '****************************************************************
            alarm=0
            Flag = 0
            bleg= 40000

start:
            oe= 0:DelayMS bleg
    'Pause 10

If PORTB.0=1 Then
    alarm=000000
    Flag=1   
    EndIf

If PORTB.1=1 Then
    alarm=000000
    Flag = 1   
    EndIf

If PORTB.2=1 Then
    alarm=100000
    Flag = 1   
    EndIf

If PORTB.0=1  And PORTB.1 =1 Then
    alarm=000000
    Flag=1   
    EndIf

If PORTB.1=1  And PORTB.2 =1 Then
    alarm=100000
    Flag=1   
    EndIf

If PORTB.0=1  And PORTB.2 =1 Then
    alarm=100000
    Flag=1   
    EndIf

If PORTB.0=1  And PORTB.1 =1 And PORTB.2 = 1 Then
    alarm=100000
    Flag=1   
    EndIf

If Flag = 1 Then  GoSub Prin
            GoTo start      

Prin:

SHOut data_pin,clock,0,[alarm]                              
            strb = 1  : DelayUS 100 :  strb = 0
            Flag = 0
            oe= 1:DelayMS bleg

Return
    Last edited by John Drew; 17th May 2014 at 15:04.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

POLL

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: SHOut error my code or proton anomoly?

Last edited by John Drew; Today at 15:04.

What the villain you found in my placement so that you make correction in my text ? mr John Drew
    I did not write anomaly . I wrote bug

don
    't have right? does not exist problem in compiler?

I apologize and correct

serious problem in proton compiler
    Last edited by POLL; 17th May 2014 at 19:20.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Total Downloaded
    4.17 GB

0 Not allowed!

With respect Poll, "throwing a strop" will not get you very far on this forum. It's not the way things work around here. When a moderator, such as John, changes a post it is usually for a good reason.

A politer, and better, course of action might be to ask John why he felt it necessary make the changes he did. I don't know for sure, but the following link might explain John's actions....

http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthr...3-18F24K22-Bug

Out of interest, what device are you sending data to?

Regards,

Bob

• Attention

POLL

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellbreak View Post
    With respect Poll, "throwing a strop" will not get you very far on this forum. It's not the way things work around here. When a moderator, such as John, changes a post it is usually for a good reason.

A politer, and better, course of action might be to ask John why he felt it necessary make the changes he did. I don't know for sure, but the following link might explain John's actions....

http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthr...3-18F24K22-Bug

Out of interest, what device are you sending data to?

Regards,

Bob
    @Mellbreak
    You are the representative or the lawyer of John Drew ?
    The question is addressed exclusively in John Drew him saw this yes no ?
    Who the aim of your own answer in the question that I placed to him?

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 GB

0 Not allowed!

pool you have this:

Device = 16F876
    Declare xtal = 10Mhz
    Declare Reminders Off
    @ CONFIG_REQ = 0 ; configuration settings
    Asm-
    __Config 0x3F71 ;FOSC_XT & WDTE_OFF & PWRTE_ON & CP_OFF & BOREN_ON & LVP_OFF & CPD_OFF & WRT_ON & DEBUG_OFF
    Endasm-

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hello Poll,
    The developer of PDS has asked us not to use the 'b...' word as it can have an impact on the program's reputation on the web. We respect his wishes. For a full answer to this see the post referred to by Bob (Melbreak).
    I attempted to save you embarrassment and increase your chance of getting some help by modifying the subject.
    This forum is a friendly one and we don't attack each other here. When registering you were asked to agree to the forum's rules. I suggest you reread them.
    John

• Attention

POLL

0 Not allowed!

Hello ralf2
    I thank for answer
    I tryed but denies functions the circuit, when exists the addition in the code Declare xtal = 10 or Declare xtal = 10Mhz

Hello John Drew
    Understood and I ask. sorry
    You understand that when you need to deliver your work ,and PDS compiler it does not correspond rightly, then you have big problem
    The customer wants the product, without it interests him if the delay is owed in dysfunction of the PDS compiler
    The author of the PDS is only interested in his own reputation without being interested in our reputation

What it would answer in the customer if it were in my own place The author of PDS

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hello Poll,
    Apology accepted.
    Now the problem with the code. I think from memory that the compiler defaults to 4MHz if the crystal is not declared. If the code is working at 4MHz it suggests that some of the delays you have in the program may be too short when the crystal is declared as 10MHz. The compiler uses the Declare Xtal to calculate delays and other timings. Try increasing your delays two or three time the current value. I haven't checked the manual for the requirements of SHout, so I may have missed something.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    3.36 GB

0 Not allowed!

Poll

Try DECLARE XTAL = 10 instead of what you have which is DECLARE XTAL 10

Charlie

• Attention

POLL

0 Not allowed!

charliecoultas Thanks for your answer I tried but not working

I tryed all them but it insists it does not function
    Declare Xtal = 10 and Declare xtal = 10Mhz and Declare Xtal 10
    And Declare Shift_DelayUs 65535

It is impossible the video the work lively, I will use the help of ISIS
    See here

PS:
    I wonder which problems I will face in the future with the use of PDS
    I wonder an exists official support

You I thank all for the help that to me you offered
    Last edited by POLL; 18th May 2014 at 11:01.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Total Downloaded
    4.17 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Poll,

Looking at your configuration settings, I see that you are using FOSC_XT. Looking at the datasheet (page 122) I see that this setting is OK up to 4MHz. For higher frequencies it would seem FOSC_HS should be used. It might be worth checking this out.

For what it's worth, I am currently using SHOUT on a 16F628A at 20MHz without difficulty. The other thing I was going to confirm with you is that you are using a '876 as opposed to an '876A.

Regards,

Bob
    Last edited by Mellbreak; 18th May 2014 at 15:12.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

The Shin/Shout commands have been recently tested and are working as expected on all device types.

Insults and ranting will get you nowhere on this forum, except placed in moderation, or, ultimately, banned for period of time.

You haven't gotten off to a good start on the forum, therefore, please refrain from further insults.

I wonder which problems I will face in the future with the use of PDS
    I wonder an exists official support
    99% of problems with the compiler are down to the user. It's all too easy to blame the compiler for a user's error.

The users and myself will help if asked correctly, and to state that there is no official help is rather short sighted. What did you type the postings on? The dedicated user forum!!!
    Last edited by top204; 18th May 2014 at 17:12.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 GB

0 Not allowed!

pool in video (1:17) you set in proteus the prossesor clock frecuency at 10Mhz and in proton you Declare xtal 4, this is mistake
    change prossesor clock frecuency at 4Mhz in pic proteus.

• Attention

POLL

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    The Shin/Shout commands have been recently tested and are working as expected on all device types.

99% of problems with the compiler are down to the user. It's all too easy to blame the compiler for a user's error.
    @Les

I will not comment on your answer
    I understood , I hope you understood this and other users

The issue may be closed permanently I shall not deal further

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 13
    Total Downloaded
    280.03 MB

0 Not allowed!

Poll,

The first problem is that users do not take the time to understand how to use what they have.

If you specify ie Xtal = 8, then that only gets the timing for the code right - IF you let the pic run at 8MHz.

You then also have to set the pic to actually run at 8Mhz in the oscillator control register.

The Xtal = 8 is for the compiler, the oscillator control is for the hardware.

Here is a simple example -

Xtal = 8
    OSCCON = %01110111 ' select internal 8 MHz clock

You must also keep in mind that while the PDS does a LOT for the coder, the variation of applications that you can apply the code for simply makes it impossible to cater for any and all possibilities. Again as per simple example, if I interface something that requires a slow execution I may slow the pic's clock down in software - without having to do the whole setup again, then when done I set the osccon to 8MHz and the code runs as expected. It only makes is flexible, if it was rigid and fixed it presents all kinds of other problems.

You have to have more patience with yourself.

Shouting bug suggests that there is negligence and ignorance on the side of Les when creating the PDS, I can assure you that is not the case.

Blimey, we haven't had a nice fight on the forum for a long time , but do choose another subject for that.
    Fanie

• Attention

Thread Information