i2c eeprom Busin busout problem

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i2c eeprom Busin busout problem2321 days old

RoniN

0 Not allowed!

Default i2c eeprom Busin busout problem

Hi,

I have problem to communicate with a eeprom 24LC265 using i2c, I'm using a 18F25K22 and I have pull up resistors on SDA and SLC. I have also tried using a 24LC64 with no luck. I used the same type of code a couple of years ago without any problem, but no luck now.

If I look at the SDA pin using a oscilloscope I can easily recognize the data response from the eeprom eepromtest = 3855 = %0000111100001111 so the eeprom seams to answer the i2c call, but when a display the var eepromdata it is still 0.

Any ideas what I'm missing? I have tried to play around with different bus commands without any luck.
    Whats really confusing me is that all the i2c communication looks fine on the oscilloscope both on SDA and SLC...

Very thankful for some new ideas and input!

I'm using interrupts to communicate via usb to a win software for displaying vars.

the i2c code.

Code:
    Declare SDA_Pin PORTc.4
    Declare SCL_Pin PORTc.3
    Declare Slow_Bus OFF

Symbol Control_In = $A1
    Symbol Control_Out = $A0
    Dim eepromtest  As Word
    Dim eepromdata As Word
    Dim adress        As Word

adress = 30
    eepromtest = 3855
    eepromdata = 0

BusOut Control_Out, adress, [eepromtest]
    DelayMS 20 
    BusIn Control_In, adress, [eepromdata]
    Best regards
    Christofer

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: i2c eeprom Busin busout problem

Hi Christofer,

I assume you have A0, A1 and A2 grounded, and WP floating or also tied to ground?

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

RoniN

0 Not allowed!

Yes, they are all tied to ground(A0, A1, A2 and WP) sorry, I forgot to mention that.

6. Attention

RoniN

0 Not allowed!

Is there no one who had similar problem? Is i2c eeprom working you all other with busin busout?

If so could anyone of you with working code please, post some for me, so I can see whats wrong in my code.

//Christofer

8. Attention

david

0 Not allowed!

Hello Christofer,
    I posted a problem with I2Cout today in the Lounge but then noticed your post. While I was using I2Cout most of the time I quickly tried BusOut but had the same problem. I do wonder if we are perhaps seeing the same issue.
    I'll see if anyone replies in case I have blatantly goofed things up but like yourself I don't recall problems with this in the past.

Cheers,
    David

10. Attention

RoniN

0 Not allowed!

Hi David,
    Thanks for the input, now I have tried to use I2Cin and I2Cout but with no luck...

Have you come to a solution yet? or are you also still struggling.

Cheers,
    Christofer

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Christofer,
    I tried the IC2.bas example (Busin/Busout) in the sample folder and it's works fine using the ISIS (within the Proton compiler).
    I modified this file to work with the PIC18F452 with no problem.
    Have you set "Declare All_digital = On"?
    Have you an hardware problem?

Regards
    Alberto

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AlbertoFS; 13th February 2014 at 11:43.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

14. Attention

RoniN

0 Not allowed!

Hi Alberto,

Thank you very much "
    Declare All_digital = On" did the trick . Thank a loot for taking the time to verify this and posting to me, Thank you...

Berst regards
    Christofer

16. Attention

Thread Information