Thread: Proton24 SD FAT File System2504 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 49
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Proton24 SD FAT File System

I've just noticed Les's new library system for SD cards for the 16 bit devices. Fantastic! Many thanks Les, really useful.

Charlie

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton24 SD FAT File System

As there are now 3 libraries available for the P24 perhaps it would be a good time to ask again if there are any users out there who would like to beta test my Library Explorer for the P24. It looks similar to the Library Manager, it will list the libraries and you can expand the tree to show each function. You can also paste the function call directly into your program. You can also open the library in PDS from the explorer.

If anyone is interested please PM me with an email address and I will send you an install.
    JohnB

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 179
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 GB

0 Not allowed!

I have a bit of time on my hands over the two Christmas days, so I would be interested in checking out the latest version of the library explorer John. But it really needs to be on the forum's file server, even in Beta state.

Before the Christmas I simply did not have time to check out the initial release.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

I have placed it on the Wiki. You can find it here
    JohnB

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.83 GB

0 Not allowed!

John, thanks for following the suggestion from Les. Its good to see your contribution to the WIKI. Note that some users find access to click-server unreliable ( some isp's seem not to route reliably to click-server) I have made the local file server accessible for users to upload files related to the WIKI.

You have access to the file server running on this system, here, though its more costly for me to make this resource available. The benefit is that as long as the forum is accessible to the user, the files uploaded to the local server will be available too. - they will reside on the same server and same file system.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Is there any way to FTP to the server - that's how I access the Click-Server. If not I will post in future to the local server using the URL above..
    JohnB

12. Attention

bugi

0 Not allowed!

Dear Les,

Thank you very much for your precious gift.

Are you also going to publish for PDS ?

Best Regards & Happy new year

Bugra

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 50
    Total Downloaded
    1.41 GB

0 Not allowed!

Is the SD FAT file system FAT16 or 32?

Norm

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    6.82 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by normnet View Post
    Is the SD FAT file system FAT16 or 32?

Norm
    It is on the Wiki here. It is for FAT16 and FAT32.
    Regards

Joseph

18. Attention

bugi

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bugi View Post
    Dear Les,

Thank you very much for your precious gift.

Best Regards & Happy new year

Bugra
    Any comment ??? (for V3)
    Last edited by bugi; 3rd January 2014 at 12:33.

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 GB

0 Not allowed!

There are no plans for a conversion, however, that doesn't stop a user from doing a conversion.
    Last edited by top204; 3rd January 2014 at 15:29.

22. Attention

bugi

0 Not allowed!

Dear Les,

Thank you, I understand. You're right. But it is difficult to convert your codes for me.
    I found a library file of fat16-32 on Picbasic pro site, written with PBP language. And people say "works great".
    I'll try to convert it for my personel use. If it works and you give me permission, I can share in this forum. It can be usefull.
    When I have a free time, I'll try.

Best Wishes
    Bugra

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 GB

0 Not allowed!

I don't understand the logic of converting an inferior piece of code when a working solution has been handed on a plate.

PIC24 devices are superior in every way to 8-bit devices, including 18F types. They are easier to use, and in most cases easier to understand, once you get round the unnecessary confusion that Microchip have in their datasheets and broken up reference manuals. They offer more of everything for, in some cases, less cost.

The compiler makes migration to the PIC24 devices so easy, it's like falling off a log. It adds items that have been wished for on this forum, and more!
    Last edited by top204; 3rd January 2014 at 23:58.

26. Attention

bugi

0 Not allowed!

Dear Les,

In this case, we should use pic32 or arm because these are more powerful than 24 series

Please don't worry about validity of the Proton24 compiler. Of course I also want to use 24 series micros as possible in a short time. But needs may be vary. Additionally I would like to say this, You have been giving support to 12-16 and 18 series together for many years. And you did not stop after the each other (series). Still you add new 16 series devices.

For some projects, I need strong micros but usually 16 or 18 series enough for me for the time being. I've written many codes and library for my projects and different devices. I also made many boards for ready to use. So I can use them easly with my old micros and stable compiler, because I know them and can find them. Proton24 is a very new compiler and just support three micros. Sure I want to contribute to the development on the one hand but unfortunately I cannot change all of my system suddenly.

In Turkey, You can not find every micros easly. Sellers sell only a few most popullar micros. These are a few 16-18-32 series pic micros and a few micros of other firms like atmel. In this reason, sometimes I order from the other countries and this also means more cost. Sellers can also order instead of me but it is possible with only many pieces and higher cost. For this reason I have to be selective. For example I wanted to try PIC24EP128MC202 but I couldn't find in my country and also Farnell.

I've been using sd cards but now I cannot find under 8GB, excluding fake cards from China.
    When I use 24 series of course I use your perfect library but I still need some other old micros.

You are right but that is my logic.

Best Wishes
    Bugra

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 8
    Total Downloaded
    1.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Bugra,
    I've been using sd cards but now I cannot find under 8GB, excluding fake cards from China.

I am not sure if this would be convenient for you but these have 2gb SD cards, they have UK, Spain, Germany and French sites. I have used the UK site and am very pleased with them.
    http://www.zoombits.de/speicherkarten/sd-karte
    http://www.zoombits.co.uk/memory-cards/sd-card
    http://www.zoombits.es/tarjetas-de-memoria/sd-y-sdhc
    http://www.zoombits.fr/carte-memoire/carte-sd

Regards,
    Bob

30. Attention

Thread Information