[SOLVED !] Zigbee/MiWi Development Issues

Closed Thread

Thread: Zigbee/MiWi Development Issues2453 days old

jom

0 Not allowed!

Default Zigbee/MiWi Development Issues

Hello

I'm trying to put together a Zigbee project. As Development tools I have a EasyPICv7 board from Mikro and a Bee Click device (based on Microchip's 24J40 radio) which plugs into the EZv7 board. I can do the PIC programming with PDS of course so all is good there.

However, to test the actual radio connection Microchip has stated they have a ZENA Adapter which can be used a sniffer to check and see if you are getting data back and forth. Unfortunately, their PC software doesn't quite do what it is suppose to do. You can't seem to change the functionality of this Adapter at all to make it a transmitter as well as a receiver (sniffer). They also should have some software available to use that can be loaded to the ZENA but this seems to have disappeared from their site. Obviously I've contacted Microchip but so far they've not responded. Looking more into it seems they don't have much of anything to help someone develop systems with their ICs (in this case the 24J40 radio).

So my question is how does one (who is VERY much a newbie with these radios) go about finding a good test/dev system to use? A search of the web hasn't helped much...at least for Microchip products. This has been a very frustrating endeavor so far. Not only are the specs for these radio rather hard to understand but now it's like pulling teeth to get even the manufacturers to help you. At least the PIC to Zigbee with SPI has worked for me...at least that is something....

If anyone our there might have any ideas it would be appreciated!

jom

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Zigbee/MiWi Development Issues

Hi Jom,
    Have you seen the zigbee code that Doug (DMTulsa) posted using those chips? He posted working code for both Rx & Tx.

Haven't heard from Doug for a while, hope he is well.
    Regards
    John

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

jom

0 Not allowed!

I think I did at one point. If not, I'll assume it's in the Wiki somewhere....I'll get to it at some point

I was just concerned about Micro's lack of support....I dunno...maybe the website it just broken in places or something.

The whole thing is just a bit overwhelming to me. I'm not exactly an expert in PIC programming let alone this Zigbee stuff. Then there is the rather cryptic 802 specs...which I just find impossible to understand. Someone helped me with that some time back but I still had a lot of trouble with it (OSI Reference Model I guess it's called).

All I know there will be some blood-letting (or at least some lost hair) from me before this is all through. heh

jom

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

8. Attention

jom

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for that. I did find some MiFi Application software from Microchip...it seems they do have a broken link..argh. Unfortunately, the code is in C...which I've always found terrible...but that's just me.

jom

10. Attention

Thread Information