Analyser tool now published

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyser tool now published2870 days old

hadv215

0 Not allowed!

Default Analyser tool now published

I had a new tool published in the WIKI-Plugin section.
    It's an analyser for big/multi-file projects that extends the PDS explorer in that it analyzes a file and all it's includes, produces a program flow tree and offers navigation through the IDE (in plugin mode).

For any questions and/or remarks, please use the Wiki.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Kapitan

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Analyser tool now published

Nice one Harm !
    great work !

Could I please request a notification of unused variables ?
    Joe

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 96
    Total Downloaded
    1.37 GB

0 Not allowed!

Looks to be a useful tool. But the first file I pointed at caused it to lock up.
    Tim

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 96
    Total Downloaded
    1.37 GB

0 Not allowed!

I retract that, it got round to finishing it, just took some time

BTW I like the recursion

Above it says
    "For any questions and/or remarks, please use the Wiki."

On the wiki it says

"Any questions? Please ask on the forum."
    Tim

8. Attention

wastrix

0 Not allowed!

Yes, please keep discussion on the forum.

10. Attention

hadv215

0 Not allowed!

Sorry,
    Misunderstanding from my side

@Tim: processing time of course depends on the file size and the number of variables used since in the second pass all lines are checked against all variable.
    @Joe: I'll give it at thought. Meanwhile you can check the report in the variables section. All variables are listed including their reference count.

Regards, Harm

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    3.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Joe - if you have library manager installed it will report unused variables at compile time!
    JohnB

14. Attention

hadv215

0 Not allowed!

A new version was needed.
    Rocky B reported a crash. Fixed that and some other anomalies.
    And, as requested, I added a section to the report: unreferenced variables/symbols and labels.
    A zip containing the installer and the PDF can be found on the wiki-plugin page.

16. Attention

cgriffin

0 Not allowed!

This is a handy tool, but extremely annoying in the way it continually modifies the file--causing a Reload prompt. I do not want to disable the Reload prompt because I regularly use multiple text editors, the one in use selected based on the need at the time.

Is there a way to accomplish the same task without modifying the file?

18. Attention

hadv215

0 Not allowed!

I know what you mean. The strange thing is that it does not behave this way all the time. None of my sources I tested with the tool showed this behaviour, but a project from John Barrat did.
    The tool communicates with PDS through the plugin API. The tool opens the source file(s) for read only, it doesn't change them in any way.
    I'll try to find out what exactly happens, will let you all know when I found something.
    Maybe Lester can shed a light on this behaviour.

20. Attention

cgriffin

0 Not allowed!

Since running the analyzer, just the act of setting focus away from the editor, then back on it forces a Reload prompt...even after a PDS restart.

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

I am assuming the re-load request is coming from the PDS IDE.

The only time I have seen this sort of thing occur is when used with Library Manager and the pbp file which the Library Manager pre-compiler generates is left open in the IDE. My guess is if you have been using Library Manager and you have used the analyzer's Navigator to navigate to a library routine, when you next compile the library routine file would have been regenerated and so the IDE would assume it was out of date.
    JohnB

24. Attention

cgriffin

0 Not allowed!

So, John, how do you disable this "feature"? I just fired up PDS, changed tabs, and the PreCompiler window pops up...and I have the problem starting then. I do not have any PBP files open in the IDE.

Also, I forgot to use the "unused variable" reporting...the pre-compiler window says "0 Vars declared but not used", but that is after I added a test variable.

Thanks

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

You can disable the pre-compiler by opening file manager, click on the small down arrow on the title and un-check pre-compiler enabled.
    If the reload issue perpetuates, it is down to some other cause.

Not sure what you are saying about unused vars - I have just tried it here and it picks up unused Vars in both the main program and included programs.
    JohnB

28. Attention

cgriffin

0 Not allowed!

I will try it again once I reinstall the plugin.

BTW, I'm using W7-64. I do not recall issues previously, on 32-bit.

30. Attention

Thread Information