[SOLVED !] nRF24L01

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nRF24L013266 days old

christoforius

0 Not allowed!

Default nRF24L01

Two weeks ago I was searching the internet for affordable wireless modules.

I looked on satistronics.com and I saw the nRF24L01. The specs are great (1Mbit/s , range up to 1000 meter, SPI interface, ...) so I ordened a couple of these modules.

Last week and also today I was trying to get these little beauties to work (without success).

Does anyone got working code for the nRF24L01? Couldn't we try to write a macro for these modules?

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 49
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: nRF24L01

Hi Christoforius

Sounds like a good idea. What version of the Proton compiler are you using?

Charlie

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

christoforius

0 Not allowed!

Currently I'm using 3.5.0.6

I can post the program I've been working on for a week now but for the moment it doesn't work like it should.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 49
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

You need to register your copy of Proton with Crownhill. This will give you "licensed user status" and enable you you use this forum to good effect.

You will need your invoice number.

Charlie

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    6.82 GB

0 Not allowed!

To add to Charlie reply, here is a registration form.
    Regards

Joseph

10. Attention

christoforius

0 Not allowed!

I already filled in such a form but for somehow reason I'm still not "licensed", strange.
    Maybe its because I bought the software from a dutch website (voti.nl) and they didn't provide me with a decent invoice number.

The software came with an USB stick and a fancy manual, so I'm pretty sure I have an original copy.

Maybe I should ask Voti an invoice numer.
    But the problem with that is, I'm using the software now for a couple of years, so I think I'm a bit late.

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    2.33 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    I have driven these modules with PIC chip successfully. They do have a very limited range. I can let you have the code if you contact me directly.

Chris

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 11
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

I use the NRF24L01+ (Plus) in several implementations. I designed into my own boards. Using RP-SMA connectors and standard ¼ antennas I'm getting a “line of sight” range of 150 -200 meters.
    A few things that can significantly increase the range:
    Set the output power on the NRF24L01+ to max (RF_PWR = 11 = 0dBm)
    If you don’t need the full speed select 250kbps (RF_DR_HIGH = 10)
    Use the “ShockBurst” with at least retransmits (for example: ARC = 1000 = 8 retransmits)

A while ago I used a module that looks identical to the Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless NRF24L01+ http://www.satistronics.com/mini-24g...ule_p2450.html
    With these modules the “line of sight” range was 35-50 meters at 0dBm, 250kbps, and ShockBurst with 8 retransmits. They are somewhat directional and you must keep the antenna portion away from any ground planes. Over all I found them very good for the price.
    For what it is intended I think the nRF24L01+ is the best transceiver and once you learn to use it’s a piece of cake to program.

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    6.82 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by christoforius View Post
    I already filled in such a form but for somehow reason I'm still not "licensed", strange.
    Maybe its because I bought the software from a dutch website (voti.nl) and they didn't provide me with a decent invoice number.

The software came with an USB stick and a fancy manual, so I'm pretty sure I have an original copy.

Maybe I should ask Voti an invoice numer.
    But the problem with that is, I'm using the software now for a couple of years, so I think I'm a bit late.
    Does version 3.5.0.6 was included within your package you bought? I would suggest to contact Voti for an invoice number and Crownhill to explain your situation. Then you will be able to download the latest software.
    Regards

Joseph

18. Attention

christoforius

0 Not allowed!

Everything looks great now, the admins blocked me but after explaining my situation I'm back in business.

I bought the modules from Satistronics with extra onboard amplifier and big antenna.
    http://www.satistronics.com/nrf24l01...nna_p2862.html

But, somewhere in my code there's a bug and I can't find it.

I can post my code but I don't think it's very helpfull.

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

You can post the code and I'll take a look.
    Make sure you have a description of each pin connecting the MCU to nRF.
    Also, if you have a spectrum analyzer that goes above 2.4GHz, the best way to get started is to run a “constant carrier wave output” as per Appendix C of the specifications. This simple test will ensure that you are actually transmitting.

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I just realized you got the nRF24L01 not the nRF24L01+. I haven't used nRF24L01, only the newer version nRF24L01+ (PLUS) with shockburst, so I'm not sure I can help you. If you get the nRF24L01+, I can send you some code to get started.

24. Attention

SimonTempler

0 Not allowed!

Hi Christoforius,

Do you still need some code for the nRF24L01? I am not sure if this will help but a few years ago I bought some modules from Laipac called TRF2.4G. They are based on the same chip. The modules at the time came from Spark Fun and I found a C demo they used so I kind of converted it to Proton BASIC.

I didnt do much with the modules, so the only code I did was a routine to TX and then RX in a loop. If you still having issues with your code, I will dig up my code and post it here for you.

This is the module: www.laipac.com/easy_trf24_eng.htm
    Last edited by SimonTempler; 3rd January 2012 at 12:40.

26. Attention

christoforius

0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I just realized you got the nRF24L01 not the nRF24L01+. I haven't used nRF24L01, only the newer version nRF24L01+ (PLUS) with shockburst, so I'm not sure I can help you. If you get the nRF24L01+, I can send you some code to get started.
    The modules I bought support shockwave according the datasheet I have.
    So, probably it's a nRF24L01+.

These are the ones I bought.
    http://www.satistronics.com/nrf24l01...nna_p2862.html

Hi Christoforius,

Do you still need some code for the nRF24L01? I am not sure if this will help but a few years ago I bought some modules from Laipac called TRF2.4G. They are based on the same chip. The modules at the time came from Spark Fun and I found a C demo they used so I kind of converted it to Proton BASIC.

I didnt do much with the modules, so the only code I did was a routine to TX and then RX in a loop. If you still having issues with your code, I will dig up my code and post it here for you.

This is the module: www.laipac.com/easy_trf24_eng.htm
    It would be verry kind if you can provide me with some sample code.

Would it be hard to make a macro for these modules?
    Last edited by christoforius; 3rd January 2012 at 15:32.

28. Attention

SimonTempler

0 Not allowed!

When I get home from work I will try to dig it up for you. I say again, it is a very simple few lines routine to get it transmitting and receiving. But that should be enough to show you how it works.

My modules are from 2006/7 I think, and I know they are not the + version, the + version came out about the same time or just after these, I cannot recall now what the difference between the two are now.

The good news is that these modules being the older nRF24L01 version DO ShockBurst at both 250k or 1M.

I have only been using and playing with PIC and Proton randomly a couple of years or so, and I never got to learn how to do macros! But I wouldnt think they are too complex.

I take it you have read the Nordic datasheet. There is a long configuration word to set the chip up however, you can get them going by just using SHOUT and sending a 3 byte config to the chip to set it up and leave the rest as default.

If I could do it as my first project, anyone could!

30. Attention

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information