Help with 0 to 10 volt PWM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with 0 to 10 volt PWM3164 days old

Trevean

0 Not allowed!

Default Help with 0 to 10 volt PWM

Looking for some advice please, need to get a 0 to 10 volt output to control a Proportional Power Controller (RS Stock No.708-2080) The max current is only 0.1 amp. Some background info in case it helps, we have a 4kw solar array on a tracker controlled by a PC, the PC also monitors the incoming grid current and the current generated by the solar array, the idea is then for the PC to control the Proportional Power Controller connected to an immersion heater when there is spare power from the solar. The plan is/was to have the PC control a 16F88, via a Tibbo, so would have an ADC to monitor the current supplied to the heater via a CT and PWM off portB.0 but of course that's only 0 to 5 volts, so how to get 0 to 10 volts? if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 17
    Total Downloaded
    520.81 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Help with 0 to 10 volt PWM

Click image for larger version

Name:	melanie's%20voltage%20doubler.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1138
    This is what I used it works really well, It may be of help to you
    Steve

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Trevean

0 Not allowed!

Many Thanks for the info Steve, just what I needed. I was going round in circles with this.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

How would you interface that to the outside world Steve? ie shorted output, or connected to a low impedance load

John

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    520.81 MB

0 Not allowed!

Well in my application it just connects to the circuit that drives some mosfets and ok with my circuit, It just produces 0-10V
    No sure what your trying to get at there John
    Steve

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi steve,
    I wasn't questioning your design, I am thinking of adding 0-10v as an output on one of my boards. I am guessing your 0-10v is on-board? In my case, I need to be able to connect this to an external device,, ie motor controller etc, so I would need to make it as rugged as possible, so the op-amp wouldn't get damaged if connected to a low-impedance source, or shorted to 0v etc

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    520.81 MB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry John it did not mean to come across like that,
    Yes my is only feeding a signal on aboard, Could you use the 0-10v to drive a Fet or something like that to drive the motor, I drive Fet's via another op-amp in totem pole sytle driver(If I remember that's what they call it) but I'm using it has a load rather than a motor driver
    The schematic of the 0-10V I found on the PBP site sometime ago
    Steve

14. Attention

Thread Information