PDFNow v3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDFNow v33406 days old

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

Default PDFNow v3

Hi Dave,

I am running PDF now V3 and If I use a 16F1827 and open the Pic PDF Now it gets a datasheet for 16C432. Just wanted to make you aware of this.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: PDFNow v3

Hi Charlie

Select a page in Proton IDE where the Device = 16F1827

Open the 16F1827 linker file
    View > Edit Linker File, should open in Notepad
    [PIC Pdf File Path]
    (PdfPath)41391C.pdf <<-- Change to this and save the file
    Regards
    Dave

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Dave That got me the right PDF now the Selected pic is still showing the 16C432.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Are you using the version I emailed you a while back.
    Im using the version from the wiki
    Win7 64 bit
    IDE V2.0.1.0
    Compiler 3.5.2.1
    This is working as it should
    Make sure this file exists
    C:\Users\"USER NAME"\Documents\PIC PDFs\16F1827.link
    Pressing the default button 'D' should set the combobox to 16F1827 if it doesn't there is a problem passing info from the dummy plugin to Pdf NOW
    Is 16F1827 listed in the combobox list
    Regards
    Dave

8. Attention

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

Hi Dave,

I don't have the copy that you sent me. I thought I has saved in a secure spot and had to reinstall windows and never coould find it. Anyway I check fir the 16F1827.link ans its not there.Pressing the "D" button does not work either. I am running win 7 32 bit. Thanks.

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Charlie

Resent the email I sent you a while back
    Regards
    Dave

12. Attention

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Dave,

I will install it and let you know how it works.

14. Attention

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

Hello Dave,

All is working Great. Thanks.

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Charlie,
    I won't mention what your problem was, I have removed the beta status from the wiki.
    Regards
    Dave

18. Attention

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

Hi Dave,

Thats Fine. Thanks.

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    5.17 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Dave
    When I run the pdf for the 16F1827 using PDFnow Version 3.0.0 (XP Pro) file name 41391C the pdf comes on screen, I can scroll, but as soon as I do a search, the search box comes up and locks on searching page 1 of 450 (or whatever).
    If I then find the file and run it from Windows Explorer it performs as normal, search works fine.
    The file is in .../pdfnow/pdfs
    PDFnow works fine on a PIC16F628A pdf.
    Have there been any other reports of this kind?
    Kind regards
    John

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John
    I get the same problem in Win7.
    The plugin uses an ocx from Adobe Reader, it may get corrected on an update.
    No other reports, I checked a couple of larger pdf files no problem.
    The only fix I can think of is to use a pdf editor open the 41391C.pdf and save the file, they might be options to save the file to an earlier version, might cure the problem.
    Regards
    Dave

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Forget the fix the pdf file is password protected
    Regards
    Dave

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    5.17 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the response Dave. Oh well, at least I know that it's not just my setup.
    I can always load that particular file in Reader if I need to search.
    John

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.29 GB

0 Not allowed!

Unusual problem.
    Version 3 of PicPDFnow
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Installed in latest version of Proton.

When PDFnow is activated, the correct PDF file, if available, is loaded and opened., if not, is downloaded from internet and opened. All ok so far.

However, if I close the PDFnow , or exit PDS, which also closes the PDFnow window, I get a Windoze popup message stating that a PDS plugin has stopped working, and a second message window asking if error information should be sent to MS for possible solution.

Any idea what might be causing this?
    A wise man may listen and say nothing. A fool may listen and have nothing to say. Which one are you???

30. Attention

Thread Information