[SOLVED !] Old Proton Board & Proton IDE

Closed Thread

Thread: Old Proton Board & Proton IDE3068 days old

bravo

0 Not allowed!

Default Old Proton Board & Proton IDE

Hi All,

I used to use my Protom board with Proton 2.14 despite having Proton IDE as well. My old laptop with 2.14 on died. So now I have to use Proton IDE with my old Proton board.
    The boot loader is not sending the program to board. The process gets to "Press the reset button on the target Board" & many presses later nothing changes !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am running Widows 7 with Proton IDE latest version . The Proton board has 16F877 with 4 Mhz crystal ( as it was originally supplied). I am using the same USB to serial adaptor as before --- but on a new PC. Does the chip need a new bootload program in ?
    or is there some configuration issue. What baud rate should the com port be set to ?
    Any help would be good - wasted a lot of time on an Amicus board as well.
    Regards,
    Bravo

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Old Proton Board & Proton IDE

I think the bootloader changed but the old one used to be included some were in the files
    Tim

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

pverburg

1 Not allowed!

Thats what I remember to I will have a look Bravo, I used to have the old one and the new one installed on one of my older machines.

Paul V.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    161.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

8 years has past since I asked this question. I found the solution from Mohamed Tayem now that I need it again.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

You might consider posting the solution to the Forum.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    161.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

I jumped the gun, my current problem is not yet solved, I have done what is in the text below but I still can't send my program to the old Proton board. Here is the text from Mahomed Tayhem which might help some people looking to find the bootloader files:

"If you select View/Loader from the IDE, the Microcode loader window will open, you can find and set the COM on its toolbar.

If you click the OPTION on the toolbar, you can set all parameters there, even the baud rate.

An important note is that the Microcode loader doesn’t work with the old Proton bootloader installed in your PIC, you should reprogram it with the new bootloader available in PROTONIDE\MCLOADER folder ( using external programmer)

Best Regards
    Mohammed"

I am trying to find the baud rate currently used. Can you answer that please. I did see it somewhere but can't find it now.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    161.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

I have still not succeeded in sending programs to my old Proton board which I need now, since it appears that my very expensive Proteus Isis is corrupted & showing rubbish on the virtual terminal for some Edata tests.
    So at present I have programmed a new 16F877 with the 16F877-04 bootloader file from the current version of Proton IDE & fitted to my old Proton board. I have tried Baud rates 9600 & 115200 with no luck. I don't think I could scope it, since there would not be any data moving. So if anybody knows the baud rate, this would help to eliminate one more possible fault. I have a 9 pin serial cable plugged into the PC on Com 1, so that eliminates the USB to serial issue.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Beryl is shipping you a working development board and some other bits. I hope that helps you. No charge:-)
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    161.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Lester,
    Thanks very much for that.
    Best regards,
    Gary

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    161.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Lester,
    My Parcel arrived today. B, really went town with all those boards & displays. Greatly appreciated.
    I have one of the Proton boards working.
    Thanks very much.
    Best Regards,
    Gary

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Gary, Glad we could help out. :-)
    I'll PM you soon with a list of stuff that maybe of interest to you.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    6.79 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Lester,
    The devices arrived yesterday.
    Do you still have Amicus boards, TFTs for Amicus and MK2 boards?
    Unfortunately I have no Amicus board.
    Thanks a lot,
    Teo
    Last edited by teo; 9th October 2019 at 18:56.

• Attention

Thread Information