[SOLVED !] Developing a custom HID control interface to do anything you want with VB etc. - Page 8

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Developing a custom HID control interface to do anything you want with VB etc.

Opps sorry I missed the Declare my eyes were still blury..

A few things

1 You need to look at the bootloader code to see why its not entering it. How does it know to run? What type of USB is it? Is it HID or CDC.
    2 Once the PC has been attached for a few seconds it can go for 3 seconds with out detaching. I have had it were I run a USB bootloader then load and run a simple led flasher that has no USB code at all and the PC still thinks its connected.
    3 @ reset is the nearest thing to a power up reset but its still not like a full power off.
    Tim

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Kapitan

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Developing a custom HID control interface to do anything you want with VB etc.

HI Pete, Tim
    Post #96 here describes the entry -

As said in that post, I have only used a physical reset on MCLR - also, I held the button until I heard the usb disconnect .

The bl is HID, but of course, you can then run a HID or CDC stack in your main.

Pete, try the rcon setting suggestion prior to reset as I suggested in that post - there is some disceprency between the datasheet nemoninc reset explanation and the rcon settings in the datasheet reset truth table. Also, the timing and hold of a physical mclr button may be the issue when trying to do the same in software.. ?

Joe.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Hello I am a newbie from Holland and exc for my English.
    I've read this threat and was very interested in the answer from # 23 ans #24.
    A have a 18F2550 system with LCD and Eprom and RTC.
    I can yet get data from the Eprom to the PC by USB, HID, with protonbasic and VB6

Now i will sent a message to the PIC on the LCD!!! but How ?
    I did hope to become a snippet of code in this tread.
    Maybe forgotten see under:
    ------------------
    Hi Leo
    Yes, I wil sort that out, but I might be busy for the next few days. so give me a few days to sort it. !

The basic thing is, you have a buffer, in and out. You send data to the buffer(s) and the PIC(tm) Interprets that data. So, you either do the decoding on the pic, or in VB, to do it in VB is easier !.
    For example, you could use the first byte of the buffer to indicate the type of data you are sending ... then the pic decodes it. same on sending FROM the pic to the VB application.
    That is just one idea.

I would suggest that the easiest way is to break the data either in or out into bytes in the buffer(s) and indicate what type of data you are sending or receiving. The first byte could have 255 flags to indicate anything to follow ? ..

Yes, I will sort out some samples, but please experiment, it is the best way to learn !.

As an example, if you had a 16 * 2 line LCD, then you could have the first byte indicate that this data was for the LCD - and the line, and maybe, the second byte, was the number characters.. ??
    So, the PICtm receives this, says AHA !, it is for the lcd, so do a print etc etc to the lcd, based on the data.

Anything you want really, think about it, think of it in BYTE terms, then decide HOW you want it to work... it is an open ended system to do ANYTHING, with reason....
    Joe.
    ------------------------------------------

I hame Leo sent a PM but til now no answer.

I it possible to place some code, PC to PIC, for experiment ?

with regards,

Ben

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 29
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Ben,

I would suggest that you register here first. Then try some code. Where you need help post your code for others to help. No one is ready to write code for you.
    Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Ok i have register meself.
    Now i am experiment with different pieces of code and modify for my own hardware.

Ben

• Attention

Closed Thread
    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information