Thread: New Libraries Added3578 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Exclamation New Libraries Added

I have added 4 new libraries to the Wiki. 3 Array Libraries and a Code Access Library.

I also have a word of warning regarding the other libraries which were transferred from the previous wiki. Unless the install files were rebuilt using the latest "Plugin Packer" they will not end up being installed in the correct locations. This is due to the new directory structure which we have to work with to support XP, Vista and Win7 OS's.

As I didn't originate many of these libraries it would be much safer if the originators produce new install packages. I think I have most of the libraries but I am not convinced that they are the most up to date, in particular the SD_File_System and the CAN libraries.
    Last edited by johngb; 5th January 2011 at 10:42.
    JohnB

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 8
    Total Downloaded
    1.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: New Libraries Added

Hi John,
    I will do the CAN one as soon as I get time, I have a minor buglet to fix as well.

Regards,
    Bob

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    I try to install the Arrays Libraries. The Array_Functions.pbp is not present. But the Array_Functions Help File Yes.
    I install these Libraries into 2 differents PC with OS Win XP SP2 with same result. Sure is a Win problem?
    Can you send me the Array_Functions.pbp file ?
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

A silly mistake on my part - I have updated the files on the Wiki.
    JohnB

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thank you John.
    regards
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

10. Attention

PhilJ1

0 Not allowed!

Have you any idea why I can't get any of the Lib files to work - I have a new Win7 64bit Pc, installed latest version of Proton and Lib Manager - all went well. Installed the Graphics Lib and GLCD XY. All
    seems good, can build the Lib no problem. So I then opened up some previously created projects that use the SprintImage, the first complied with no problems, the other will not compile, claiming it can't find
    the variable 'SprintImage'.

Attachment 851

I don't understand why one works and the other doesn't, both prog's use the same instructions - the difference is that the GLCD addressing of the data bus, and control bits have been relocated.

I really hope you can help.

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

If you can show us the code it would help - the attachment you sent did not attach.
    JohnB

14. Attention

PhilJ1

0 Not allowed!

Default Libraries problem, I think.

OK, I've been able to narrow the problem down, I think - if I use the org pic which was a 18F4620 it complies no problem with or without the Print statement. I however I use the new pic 18F8490, with SprintImage and Print function the compilation process fails.
    If I comment out the Print commands (used to print text on the KS0108) it does compile.

I don't know where the problem lies - but I'm stuck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails err4.jpg‎  
    Last edited by PhilJ1; 24th January 2011 at 21:00.

16. Attention

PhilJ1

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Libraries problem, I think . . more

Here is the code, same idea as what I'm really using
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PhilJ1; 24th January 2011 at 21:06.

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 15
    Total Downloaded
    434.52 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Libraries problem, I think . . more

Thanks John.
    Fanie

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    I have now made the minor mod to the CAN library, as I have not used the library tools for quite some time I expect what I have will be out of date, where do I get the latest tools.
    Is it self explanatory?

Regards,
    Bob

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

There are no changes to my library tools except that the libraryPacker is now superseded by the plugin packer. Do your changes, put them into your local library. Run Plugin packer and create an install of your library and help files. That's all there is to it, it should create an install which will work in all versions of windows.
    JohnB

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    I have just downloaded the plug in packer from the Wiki and it will not install saying it could not locate the IDE or I need to have a later version than 1.0.3.0.
    I am running 2.0.0.7 and 3.5.0.6
    XP SP3

Regards,
    Bob

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

I had that problem as well. I think I resolved it by completely un-installing PDS and re-installing. PM me you email address and I will send you the exe.
    JohnB

28. Attention

Thread Information