USB HID Buttons and Axis, (Gamepad / Joystick) for PDS. Work in progress - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Kapitan

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: I just decided to post this here.

@Joseph
    It works Joseph !, will post the stuff later, or in the morning, there is nothing wrong with the mouse bas mods..no changes need to be added, as said, it worked with the mouse, so should work, and does, with the rest... it was a 'Physical' collection declaration...
    will sort it out and update the files...
    I have attached the working code, if you want to experiment, there are only buttons, 32, but comms are fine. buffer size is 4 bytes, for the buttons. so at least you can test the controls.
    Joe.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 29
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: I just decided to post this here.

Joe,

You do not have the .bas file please?

Regards

Joseph

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Kapitan

0 Not allowed!

Default USB HID Joystick / Game Controller

Sorry Joseph, here 'tis. will sort the rest hopefully today.

Code:
    '
    ' Demonstrate a HID (Human Interface Device) interface Game Controller  - Modded by Joe Hanley - [email protected]
    '
    ' 

Device = 18F4550                                ' Choose a device with on-board full speed USB
        Xtal = 48                                        ' Set the oscillator speed to 48MHz (using a 20MHz crystal)
        All_Digital = TRUE

'USB_Descriptor = "JoeJSDesc3.inc"
       USB_Descriptor = "MousDescjoe.inc"
        Dim PP0 As Byte System                            ' USBPOLL status return
        Dim BUFFER[4]   As Byte
        'Dim Buffer As Byte
        Dim LOOP_COUNT    As    Byte
        Dim POSITION    As    Byte
        Dim INDEX As Byte'Word

Symbol CARRY_FLAG = STATUS.0                    ' High if microcontroller does not have control over the DP buffer
        Symbol TRNIF = UIR.3                            ' Low if USB Busy
         TRISD=0
    '------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' The main program loop starts here 

DelayMS 200                                            ' Wait for things to stabilise
        Clear                                                ' Clear all RAM before we start   
    'Buffer = 240
    BUFFER[0]  =1
    BUFFER[1]  =128
    BUFFER[2]  =1
    BUFFER[3]  =255
    'BUFFER[4]  =100
    'BUFFER[5]  =100
    'BUFFER[6]  =100
    'BUFFER[7]  =100
    'BUFFER[8]  =100
    'BUFFER[9]  =100
    'BUFFER[10] =100
    'BUFFER[11]    =100
        Repeat                                                ' \
            USBPoll                                            '   Wait for the USB interface to become attached
        Until PP0 = %00000110                                ' /

While 1 = 1

'DelayMS 2
    '        For POSITION = 0 To 3                            ' Move through each position
    '            For LOOP_COUNT = 0 To 31                    ' 32 steps in each direction
    '                Select POSITION
    '                    Case 0                                ' Move UP ?
    '                        BUFFER#1 = 0
    '                        BUFFER#2 = -2
    '                    Case 1                                ' Move RIGHT ?
    '                        BUFFER#1 = 2
    '                        BUFFER#2 = 0
    '                    Case 2                                ' Move DOWN ?
    '                        BUFFER#1 = 0
    '                        BUFFER#2 = 2
    '                    Case 3                                ' Move LEFT ?
    '                        BUFFER#1 = -2
    '                        BUFFER#2 = 0
    '                End Select
    'DelayMS 2

Repeat
                        USBOut 1, BUFFER, 4                 ' Send the buffer to endpoint 1
                    Until CARRY_FLAG = 0                    ' Keep trying if the microcontroller does not have control over the buffer
                    Repeat : Until TRNIF = 1                ' Wait for completion before continuing
    Inc INDEX
    If INDEX > 127 Then
    High PORTD.0
    Else
    Low PORTD.0
    EndIf

'            Next
    '        Next
        Wend

End

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: USB HID Joystick / Game Controller

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for the code.
    I posted this here so hopefully the other thread will not get too big. Your code works great, I can have comunication with USB, LED is flashing and can see the different positions of the axis.

I am trying to understand the descriptor file to make things working now. You mentioned a 10 bit resolution. -127 to 127 is 8 bit, correct or am I missing something?

Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Kapitan

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by joesaliba View Post
    Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for the code.
    I posted this here so hopefully the other thread will not get too big. Your code works great, I can have comunication with USB, LED is flashing and can see the different positions of the axis.

I am trying to understand the descriptor file to make things working now. You mentioned a 10 bit resolution. -127 to 127 is 8 bit, correct or am I missing something?

Regards

Joseph
    Hiya Joseph, no, you are not missing anything lol, apart from my lack of understanding at the moment haha.. I can pad the output - or actually, input, for 10 bits, but am still having a few issues with the padding... so should be, and indeed, is, perfectly possible to use full 10 bit, providing one uses the full travel of the pot or sensor.

The basic thing is that the descriptor sends (as far as I understand it) byte chunks, or multiples of, so, if one uses 10 bits, then you need to pad the other 6 bits.. or, combine inputs to multiple bytes overlapping which I am trying to avoid, because it is not needed....
    I am afraid, at the moment, it is one step at a time , get it working, get it communicating, then adapt, overcome etc etc....
    we are getting there.... again, sorry for delay, but maybe tomorrow, my brain is fried lol... it is all possible...
    Joe

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I did a small test to see if the bar in the joystick actually move. I added: -

Inc BUFFER[0]

If BUFFER[0] = 128 Then BUFFER[0] = -127

in the main loop, and yes, it actually goes from one side to the other.

What cannot understand is, if BUFFER is a Byte, how it can accept the -127? As I know it, a Byte in PDS range from 0 to 255, correct?

Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Kapitan

0 Not allowed!

Yes, it is interesting, if you look at the mouse demo, Les uses negative values in a byte, I presume therfore it is a two's compliment, but can find no reference to it in the PDS manual... it certainly works though.. If you replace the -ve value with its 2's compliment it also works, but using the - sign is easier. Didnt know PDS did that !

Also, note the correct order for the buffer, !!.. corrected. also note that even theough the slider and dial are placed at axis 7 an 8 on the control panel of game controllers, the buffer order is reversed for these two, its just how it is changing the order in the descriptor makes no difference.
    So, our first 6 bytes (buffer 0 to 5) are the axis AFTER the X/Y pointer (Main Joystick axis) and X/Y are bytes 7 and 8. (buffer 6 and 7)
    I am still at a loss to get the hat to work in 8 directions, only 4 so far, but will keep reading / experimenting, it IS possible..

BUFFER[0] =-110 ; Z AXIS ALL Axis are -127 to 127, 0 is middle.
    BUFFER[1] =-80 ; rX AXIS
    BUFFER[2] =-40 ; rY AXIS
    BUFFER[3] =0 ; rZ AXIS
    BUFFER[4] =80 ; Dial
    BUFFER[5] =40 ;Slider
    BUFFER[6] =127 ; X AXIS
    BUFFER[7] =127 ; Y AXIS
    BUFFER[8] =255 ; Buttons 1 to 8
    BUFFER[9] =101 ; Buttons 9 to 16
    BUFFER[10] =1 ; Buttons 17 to 24
    BUFFER[11] =10 ; Buttons 25 to 32
    BUFFER[12] =1 ; HAT (Lower NIBBLE ONLY !!!!)
    Joe.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Joe,

I am in hurry right now. Send me the new descriptor and bas file for the hat and I will try something.

Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Thread Information