Given: 43
    Total Downloaded
    1.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: FineLineIDE

Quote Originally Posted by wirecut View Post
    The FineLine version is: 4.3.1
    The Operating System is Window10
    I do not use strange antivirus, only Microsoft Defender and I have disabled it to test, but there are non differences.

Maybe I have found the problem, the "Find Manually" works, but the "Find All Automatically" does not works.
    Also if checking correctly and doing "Save and Close" the path is saved as: *:\

Try this:
    - Start with an INI with all the invalid paths ( all the paths =
    *:\ )
    - Open FineLineIDE
    - Press "Options"
    - Press "Proton compiler"
    - Press "Find All Automatically"
    - "Continue search ?" press "NO"
    - "CHECK TO SELECT" press "OK"
    - Select the check box to the left of the path
    (there is a date before the path it is normal ?)
    (the string immediately over the button "Find Manually" is not the path, but *:\ , it is normal ?)
    - Press "Save and close"

Then open the INI file, or click "Options", and you will see that the path is not saved.

Now I have corrected ALL the paths manually and FineLine works OK
    I have tried also to do many: "Option / Save and close" and the ini is overwritten with all the paths OK

------------

Now I can use FineLine and test the other functions, thanks for your good work.
    - Start with an INI with all the invalid paths ( all the paths = *:\ )
    - Open FineLineIDE
    - Press "Options"
    - Press "Proton compiler"
    - Press "Find All Automatically"
    - "Continue search ?" press "NO" <ONLY SELECT NO IF PROTON COMPILER IS FOUND>
    - "CHECK TO SELECT" press "OK"
    - Select the check box to the left of the path <A MESSAGE SHOULD INDICATE PROTON COMPILER PATH WAS UPDATED.>
    (there is a date before the path it is normal ?) <A DATE IS NORMAL AS IT PERMITS SELECTION FROM MULTIPLE SAVED VERSIONS OF COMPILER AS MAY BE FOUND WHEN SEARCH IS CONTINUED.>
    (the string immediately over the button "Find Manually" is not the path, but *:\ , it is normal ?) <IT SHOULD SHOW THE PATH>
    - Press "Save and close"

In what directory is the compiler found in windows 10 as perhaps find all automatically is missing it or perhaps its invalid?
    Last edited by normnet; 22nd June 2019 at 00:52.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Total Downloaded
    1.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

Please provide the line of text by the checkbox when automatic as FL looks for an AM or PM to determine the start of the path else it may not properly update path.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5
    Total Downloaded
    727.71 MB

0 Not allowed!

I have checked the checkbox at the left of the found path, but the path in the INI file is not updated.

If starting from *:\ the path remains *:\

But, no problem, I use the "Find manually", or edit the INI file.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

If you could please provide the line of text by the checkbox when automatic I may be able to do a correction so others need not use the manual workaround. Does the time show in military for example? Something is throwing the update off however I'm not sure as to what.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    727.71 MB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry i has misunderstand the precedent message...

the line is:
    20/02/2019 11:56:54 C:\Program Files\ProtonIDE\PDS\PrPlus.exe

the other paths (for IDE and MPLAB) are similar to this path

I check the box to the left of the path, then i press save and the path is not saved in the INI file
    And also reopening immediately the options the path is not present in the string

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    727.71 MB

0 Not allowed!

In the last message i forgot a "(x86)", the exact paths are:

Code:
    20/02/2019 11:56:56 C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\PDS\PrPlus.exe
    03/12/2013 10:36:24 C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\ProtonIDE.exe
    14/06/2013 18:34:20 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Core\MPLAB.exe

I hope that this time they are free from errors.

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

I believe I know the issue now and should have an update soon...Thanks

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.31 GB

1 Not allowed!

A FineLineIDE update is now available at FineLineIDE v4.3.4

Added PICkit 4 programmer defaults.
    All programmical scrolls now scroll active line within the editor by 4 lines.
    Added keyboard shortcuts to find and replace dialogs.
    Find and replace dialogs now open with text selected.
    Recovery now restores top line and active line/char.
    Unused display of results now encloses the term in arrows i.e. <term> to identify.
    First changes on close now enclosed in arrows to permit highlighter to operate.
    Auto search in options for compiler, ide and mplab now compatible with military time as opposed to strictly AM or PM format.

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 133
    Total Downloaded
    1.58 GB

0 Not allowed!

Many thanks for you continued work on your excellent IDE Norm. It is most appreciated by me. :-)

Both the FineLine and Proton Studio IDEs are marvelous pieces of creativity.
    Last edited by top204; 29th June 2019 at 21:12.

18. Attention

Thread Information