CAN Bus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CAN Bus4007 days old

ADLIN SYSTEMS

0 Not allowed!

Default CAN Bus

Hello all

Can anyone help here please. I have had a look at the can bus library and looks straight forward. Going to play with this soon.

1) in motor cars can you connect this bus to the car system
    2) Are there general commands to get into the car system
    3) How do you find out what commands are used on cars

Just a few questions ill ask more later. Any help would be appreciated.
    My MP3 player is up and running displaying tag info really works well. I connected a 2 x 4.2 lithuim polymer battries to it and amazingly the project runs the whole day on the battries. Really cool. Now I am just looking for that nokia display.

Anton

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Anton,
    I am not sure on that, first off you would need to know the format of messages IE the identifier. If you know that I think it is possible as I believe Crankshaft has used my library to interface with a set of motorcycle instruments. I do not think the car companies are going to help you out but I think he used a CAN monitor first to determine the message ID's.
    I do not know if he finished it, you could try PM him.

If you can find the indentifiers and can not make them with the way my library works IE 5bits for the ID and 6bits for the message let me know and I will see if I can help you out.

Hope that helps,
    Bobby

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Anton,
    Just a thought, I am looking to add do some code which will send all valid messages serially to hyperterminal or something which may be of use. Not sure when I will look at it as I am on a lager frenzy at the TT at the moment.
    Also looking at doing SPI CAN commands so you can use any PIC you like.

Regards,
    Bobby

6. Attention

ADLIN SYSTEMS

0 Not allowed!

Ah yes please We were thinking of building a monitor to send messages to hperterminal so that would be great. I would like to know how to extract speed and revs from the cars can bus. Would appreciate any help as I found lots of info on wikipedia but I have never worked with can. Havent got a clue where to start. Going to be a long read on wikipedia. There is so much stuff that its going to take a long time to filter stuff out i need. I have a hunduyia accent 1988 model it has a plug under the little holder next to the right side of the steering wheel. Will check to see what type it is. If anyone has info please help. I found a page with headers will try match them up. So if anyone can help please do.

Anton.

8. Attention

billyminor

0 Not allowed!

have a look at OBD-II OBD-2 scanners

10. Attention

DanRiches

0 Not allowed!

It's cheaper to buy one once you add all the costs up etc. I bought one of these and it's saved me a good few hundred quid so far..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2BSI%26otn%3D4

HTH, Dan

12. Attention

billyminor

0 Not allowed!

Couldn't think of the name the other day but remember now
    You will find lot's of info here

http://www.scantool.net/

http://elmelectronics.com/obd.html

14. Attention

Thread Information