Development Board - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Board4028 days old

C_Moore

0 Not allowed!

In the end I order it from MikroElektronika in the US
    MikroElektronika is not in the US.They are in Serbia. Circuit-Ed is the US distributer in the US.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rcurl View Post
    I agree- it's probably the jumpers (but it's J8, J9, & J10)

Don't give up on the on-board programmer just yet. Once you get familiar with it's quirks I think you will like it.

-Rick
    Thanks Rick/Brian, its working now
    I just have to figure out where the I/O on the Dip8 socket go to. I know GPIO.2 goes to the RA2 led . Not much info in the manual about it

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

billyminor

0 Not allowed!

Did you look on the CD John, usally they have a complete schematic of thier boards on the cd ,at least it is on the easypic4 CD

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Thx Brian,
    I hope so, I'll check on monday, the CD is at work.
    With regard to fuses, I set them in Proton, but the LVP-OFF seems to be overwritten by the Programmer? I got caught out by that a few times.

8. Attention

billyminor

0 Not allowed!

One thing I don't think was mentioned was these boards seem to prefer being plugged into a usb socket at the back of your computer.They seem to be pretty sensitive to voltage and there is more voltage on the back usb plugs then the front ones which run up to the front by cables.Also sometimes it helps to disconnect the lcd/glcd's when programming.Don't know what to tell you about the lvp being overwritten as I just tried a boatload of different chips and everyone came up with the lvp off when set in proton.what version of picflash are you using? I'am using 7.13 maybe you have and older version cause I had some trouble's with 7.11 but this one seems fine

10. Attention

Copy'nPaste

0 Not allowed!

Had an EP 3, still have an EP4, and now also EP5, and generally found that pic related problems was due to either not reading the instructions, or maybe not understanding them.
    I seems to not understand a lot, these days :-(

And please, the PicFlash software runs circles around the PicKit.

The board is most happy with an external supply, it's not the board's problem, it's your computer.
    Many USB ports aren't really 5V, as the spec says.

Never had a problem with a correctly configured config/fuse setting either, huge problems when I, as usual, didn't understand

12. Attention

Gabriel22

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Moore View Post
    MikroElektronika is not in the US.They are in Serbia. Circuit-Ed is the US distributer in the US.

Although Circuit-Ed is for the US ordering from MikroElektronika is still cheaper even with shipping since Circuit-Ed marks up the product. If you are in the US and ordering a dev board plus some accessories go with MikroElektronika.

14. Attention

~ Sy ~

0 Not allowed!

Default Its arrived

My EasyPic5 arrived today, consider myself very lucky.

EasyPIC5 Development Board
    GLCD 128x64 with TouchScreen
    PIC18F4550
    2x16 LCD + DS1820 temp.sensor

Total price including shipping and handling: 131.60 GBP

Thanks to a good exchange rate in my favour. Going out tonight, will try and get it up and running in the next few days.

16. Attention

billyminor

0 Not allowed!

you really should have got a few of the easy connects too, oh well at least you got the important stuff
    http://www.mikroe.com/en/tools/easyconnect/

18. Attention

~ Sy ~

0 Not allowed!

Thanks, didn't see them, I'll get some if I need them, once I've got familiar with it.

20. Attention

~ Sy ~

0 Not allowed!

Default A simple demo

Hi,

I have my easypic5 board set-up and having read the manual I think I have everything set-up and ready to go, with a PIC18F4550 installed in the DIP40 socket.

Is there a simple PDS application I can upload to test the GLCD, LED's etc...as I tried one of my own just did a simple PRINT "HELLO WORLD", I think I had fuse settings set correctly, but am very green when it comes to electronics.

I didn't see anything on the display.

Thank you.

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 58
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Sy ~ View Post
    Hi,

I have my easypic5 board set-up and having read the manual I think I have everything set-up and ready to go, with a PIC18F4550 installed in the DIP40 socket.

Is there a simple PDS application I can upload to test the GLCD, LED's etc...as I tried one of my own just did a simple PRINT "HELLO WORLD", I think I had fuse settings set correctly, but am very green when it comes to electronics.

I didn't see anything on the display.

Thank you.
    Hi Sy-

First, look in the ProtonIDE\samples folder and load GLCD_test.bas. Then take a look at post #9 in this thread. Copy those declares into your code just after the line that says "warnings=off". This will cause them to supercede the defaults in the Proton18_G4 file.\

Give that a shot and see what happens.

-Rick

24. Attention

DaOne

0 Not allowed!

Here is the code I use to setup my GLCD on the easypic5...

Code:
    ' GLCD for easypic5
    ' Using a GRAPHIC LCD with an internal FONT

LCD_DTPort = PORTD
    LCD_RSPin = PORTB.2
    LCD_ENPin = PORTB.4
    LCD_RWPin = PORTB.3
    LCD_CS1Pin = PORTB.1
    LCD_CS2Pin = PORTB.0
    GLCD_CS_Invert On 
    'LCD_TYPE = GRAPHIC
    LCD_Type = Samsung
    Internal_Font = On
    Font_Addr = 0
    GLCD_STROBE_DELAY = 10
    TRISB = 0 
    TRISD = 0
    PORTB.5 = 1 ' This is the rst pin

26. Attention

~ Sy ~

0 Not allowed!

rcurl, thanks fpr the information.

I took the GLCD_Test sample and modified the device in PROTON18_G4.INC, changing:

Device = 18F452
    Xtal = 4

to

Device = 18F4550
    Xtal = 20

I then took the code from Post 9 as suggested and pasted into the code after:

Warnings = OFF

I also inserted some fuse settings:

Code:
    ' Display text and graphics on a graphic LCD

Include "PROTON18_G4.INT" 
    	    Optimiser_Level = 2

Config_Start
       PLLDIV = 5 ; Divide by 5 (20 MHz oscillator input)
       CPUDIV = OSC1_PLL2 ; [OSC1/OSC2 Src: /1][96 MHz PLL Src: /2]
       USBDIV = 2 ; USB clock source comes from the 96 MHz PLL divided by 2
       FOSC = HSPLL_HS ; HS oscillator, PLL enabled, HS used by USB
       FCMEN = OFF ; Fail-Safe Clock Monitor disabled
       IESO = OFF ; Oscillator Switchover mode disabled
       PWRT = OFF ; PWRT disabled
       BOR = On ; Brown-out Reset enabled in hardware only (SBOREN is disabled)
       BORV = 3 ; Minimum setting
       VREGEN = On ; USB voltage regulator enabled
       WDT = OFF ; HW Disabled - SW Controlled
       WDTPS = 32768 ; 1:32768
       MCLRE = On ; MCLR pin enabled; RE3 input pin disabled
       LPT1OSC = OFF ; Timer1 configured for higher power operation
       PBADEN = OFF ; PORTB<4:0> pins are configured as digital I/O on Reset
       STVREN = On ; Stack full/underflow will cause Reset
       LVP = OFF ; Single-Supply ICSP disabled
       XINST = OFF ; Instruction set extension and Indexed Addressing mode disabled (Legacy mode)
       CP0 = OFF ; Block 0 (000800-001FFFh) not code-protected
       CP1 = OFF ; Block 1 (002000-003FFFh) not code-protected
       CPB = OFF ; Boot block (000000-0007FFh) not code-protected
       WRT0 = OFF ; Block 0 (000800-001FFFh) not write-protected
       WRT1 = OFF ; Block 1 (002000-003FFFh) not write-protected
       WRTB = On ; Boot block (000000-0007FFh) write-protected
       WRTC = OFF ; Configuration registers (300000-3000FFh) not write-protected
       EBTR0 = OFF ; Block 0 (000800-001FFFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks
       EBTR1 = OFF ; Block 1 (002000-003FFFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks
       EBTRB = OFF ; Boot block (000000-0007FFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks
    Config_End

Warnings = OFF   

' GLCD for easypic5
    ' Using a GRAPHIC LCD with an internal FONT

LCD_DTPort = PORTD
    LCD_RSPin = PORTB.2
    LCD_ENPin = PORTB.4
    LCD_RWPin = PORTB.3
    LCD_CS1Pin = PORTB.1
    LCD_CS2Pin = PORTB.0
    Declare GLCD_CS_Invert On 
    'LCD_TYPE = GRAPHIC
    LCD_Type = Samsung
    Internal_Font = On
    Font_Addr = 0
    GLCD_STROBE_DELAY = 10
    TRISB = 0 
    TRISD = 0
    PORTB.5 = 1 ' This is the rst pin

Declare STAMP_COMPATIBLE_SIN = On

' Set up some Variables

Dim Xpos		As	Byte
            Dim	Ypos		As	Byte

DelayMS 400
            Cls
            Print "Graphic LCD Test"

Again:        
            For Xpos = 0 To 63
            	Ypos = Sin Xpos
            	Plot Xpos , Ypos
            	DelayMS 10
            Next
            For Xpos = 0 To 63
            	Ypos = Sin Xpos
            	UnPlot Xpos , Ypos
            	DelayMS 10
            Next                
    		GoTo Again

Include "FONT.INC"

Unfortunately, whilst all the LEDs of Port D cycle at a rapid rate, RE1 and RE2 LEDs also toggle on and off, but nothing appears on either the LCD or the GLCD.

Not sure where to start. The jumper settings look correct as per the manual.

28. Attention

DaOne

0 Not allowed!

Did you remove the GLCD config from PROTON18_G4.INC? Try adding those changed commands to you main file and op out PROTON18_G4.INC. Also check your contrast adjustment knob.

30. Attention

Thread Information