[SOLVED !] compiling issue after getting online updates

Closed Thread
    richardy

0 Not allowed!

Default compiling issue after getting online updates

HI,
    I recently acquired a new desktop that required installing PDS onto the new machine. All went well, opened up a program and all seemed to be fine, i then updraded the system to the most current making use of the on-line updates. HOwever, when i went to compile a program making use of an 18f chip that had compiled fine on my old desktop, i found that teh compiler would not except the "config_start" "config_end" compiler directives for setting up the 18F fuses. It excepted them fine on the old desktop. What could have caused this? Any help would be much apreciated.

Cheers.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sounds like your not fully uptodate.

What version no does it say your on?
    Tim

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.06 GB

0 Not allowed!

Update your status to licensed user and download the latest pre-release version from the beta section.
    This can't, as yet, be downloaded using the on-line update function from the Proton menu.
    Also download a copy of the fuse configurator plugin, by JohnGB, which is set to work with the latest pre-release version. This will simplify setting up the fuses.
    A wise man may listen and say nothing. A fool may listen and have nothing to say. Which one are you???

• Attention

richardy

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    OK downloaded and installed the fuse configurator plugin (i had obviously forgotten that i must have had a plugin to this on the old machine) but initially it made no difference but after i updated again things now seem to be compiling OK so thanks for that. So the version numbers are now:

IDE version = 1.0.4.6
    Compiler version = 3.2.5.5

Couldnt see how to upgrade myself from forum to licensed user.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

• Attention

Thread Information