ENC28J60 problem 18F452 / 20Mhz Clock

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ENC28J60 problem 18F452 / 20Mhz Clock4448 days old

Alan

0 Not allowed!

Default ENC28J60 problem 18F452 / 20Mhz Clock

Dear all

I have just taken delivery of a serial Ethernet board from ME it is connected
    to my Easypic4 dev board. I have changed the IP and the MAC address in the include file and also the port connections to suit. Im using a 18F452 @ 20MHZ, no connection is made to the network with Gabi's example. I have noticed that RC0 is connected the the RST pin of the serial ethernet Board. The connections are listed below

Symbol ETH_INT = PORTC.2 ; ENC28J60 INT Pin
    Symbol ETH_WOL = PORTC.7 ; ENC28J60 WOL Pin
    Symbol ETH_CS = PORTC.1 ; ENC28J60 SPI ENABLE Pin
    Symbol ETH_SCK = PORTC.3 ; ENC28J60 SPI CLOCK Pin
    Symbol ETH_SO = PORTC.4 ; ENC28J60 SPI Data Out Pin
    Symbol ETH_SI = PORTC.5 ; ENC28J60 SPI Data In Pin

Can anybody help ?

Regards

Alan

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

_Gabi_

0 Not allowed!

Hi Alan,

the WOL and INT pins have no use in that demo code. They are just declared there but NOT used.

The RESET pin I have it pulled up via 10K to Vdd, which in my board is +3.3V as I am using a 18F25J10. Anyway RESET should be pulled up or ensure that is pulled up while operating.

The SPI pins should be the pic's own hardware SPI pins according to the device you are using.

The ENC28J60 CS Enable pin can be any pin you have it spare.

HTH

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Alan

0 Not allowed!

Hi Gabi

Thankyou for your reply, but I still have a problem. The serial Internet Board now connects to the network but I cannot ping my IP address of the Board, LEDA is on as well as Power LED. LED B does flash when I try to ping the board but still no reply. The connects between the 18F452 are as below

Symbol ETH_CS = PORTC.1 ; ENC28J60 SPI ENABLE Pin
    Symbol ETH_SCK = PORTC.3 ; ENC28J60 SPI CLOCK Pin
    Symbol ETH_SO = PORTC.4 ; ENC28J60 SPI Data Out Pin
    Symbol ETH_SI = PORTC.5 ; ENC28J60 SPI Data In Pin

I simply pulled the RST pin high in the code which made the connection to the network work. The hardware is fine I have used another complier to Ping the board using the same IP and MAC address. Im using 18F452 and 20MHZ clock.

Thankyou for quick reply.

Regards

Alan

• Attention

_Gabi_

0 Not allowed!

Hi Alan,

do you have by chance installed any frame loggers like Wireshark or Ethereal ? Would be nice to see what is going on the connection to your serial ethernet board.

I do not have the Easypic4 board but I will look at their schematics and will let you know if I see some possible hardware connection issues.

If you try a "cmd arp-a" do you see the interface listed ?

• Attention

Alan

0 Not allowed!

Hi Gabi

Thankyou for you reply , I rechecked the hardware and now it's working. I can ping the IP address no probs. One thing was when I pinged the IP I lost 25% of the data not to sure why but on other attempts I lost 0 %.

Thankyou for your help Gabi much appreciated.

Regards

Alan

• Attention

Alan

0 Not allowed!

Hi Gabi

I have noticed that the LEDs on the serial ethernet Board operate differently than with the other complier software. I believe that the two LEDS activity and Link status are confugurable within the software.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Alan

• Attention

Thread Information