Thread: IDE FineLine Viewer4516 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 45
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

0 Not allowed!

Attached IDE FineLine Viewer 1.1
    FineLine now accepts a label in front of keywords.
    Label: If x = 7 then

FineLine also makes a great 2nd open editor to compare code.

Reminder to browse down to be certain of downloading the latest version.

Remove the .TXT and click to unzipp.

Norm

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Tasos Stratis

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

For another one time you make a Great job Norm !

Thank you very much for this !

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

0 Not allowed!

FineLine v1.2

10x faster search and match.

Remove the .TXT to unzip.

Norm

• Attention

Tasos Stratis

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by normnet View Post
    FineLine v1.2

10x faster search and match.

Norm
    Thank you very much ! ! !

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Got a few issues with this version. The attached is typical of what is happening. I think your parsing code is not handling all the variations of syntax which accepted by the compiler. Second thoughts I think it is simply misalignment as I am seeing same problems with For Next loops - lines seem to be offset 2 lines lower than expected.

Also the lines seem to disappear at the drop of a hat even when the application still has focus.

You don't seem to be recognising case statements which can also be nested so should be included.

Edit some text - there seems to be no undo although its there in the menu.

Suggest you use different coloured lines each level of nesting so you can see what is what.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

0 Not allowed!

John

Does the previous Fineline version run OK?

The only change in v1.2 is the IDE text is first saved to an array instead of reading lines as needed from the text field.
    This gives a 10x speed improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by johngb
    lines seem to be offset 2 lines lower than expected
    I can't replicate the misalignment problem.
    Does it make a difference how text field is scrolled?
    Page down button or mouse scroll wheel?
    Is the computer slow and the file large?

Also the lines seem to disappear at the drop of a hat even when the application still has focus.
    The lines will disappear with a keystroke.
    Fineline at this point is mainly a viewer, not yet realtime(CPU intensive).
    A mouse exit/enter IDE should restore the Finelines.
    If editing is done a new press of Fineline button is required.

You don't seem to be recognizing case statements which can also be nested so should be included. Edit some text - there seems to be no undo although its there in the menu.
    Most of the development is in porting to Delphi for a Proton Plugin.
    Case statements were implemented a few days ago.

Suggest you use different colored lines each level of nesting so you can see what is what.
    Different colored lines or real time editing in Proton IDE could be next.

Norm

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

I hadn't tested the earlier version I will try to look at earlier version.
    I did look at the original (VB version) and that was OK.

Is it linked to the IDE? I.e. Should I run it as plugin?

My machine is a 3GHz Athalon with 1GB of RAM so it is reasonably fast.
    Am running XP.

I suggest you disable editing in the viewer if this cannot be supported at present.

I have a set of Delphi classes which I have developed over the years which interface with the IDE. They support connecting, reading a page pasting etc. plus a few specifics which I use for Library Manager. PM me if you would like a copy.
    JohnB

• Attention

Tasos Stratis

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by johngb View Post
    Got a few issues with this version. The attached is typical of what is happening. I think your parsing code is not handling all the variations of syntax which accepted by the compiler. Second thoughts I think it is simply misalignment as I am seeing same problems with For Next loops - lines seem to be offset 2 lines lower than expected.

You don't seem to be recognising case statements which can also be nested so should be included.

Edit some text - there seems to be no undo although its there in the menu.

Suggest you use different coloured lines each level of nesting so you can see what is what.
    I have the same and me.

• Attention

cgriffin

0 Not allowed!

It seems like it can't handle different sizes of fonts. I've changed my fonts all around. On my screen, the lines only line up at the very top of the screen, and they are all longer than the sections indicate they should be.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cgriffin
    On my screen, the lines only line up at the very top of the screen, and they are all longer than the sections indicate they should be.
    That tells me what the problem is. Update underway.

Norm

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

0 Not allowed!

FineLine v1.3
    Repaired font sizing in FineLine v1.2

Norm

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

That's much better - but I still do not like the behaviour of the lines coming and going - it would be much nicer if they could scroll with the text.

Also - it will work much better when you are able to connect to the IDE and can load the current file page into the viewer.

You still have Case statements to include.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

0 Not allowed!

That's much better - but I still do not like the behaviour of the lines coming and going - it would be much nicer if they could scroll with the text.

Also - it will work much better when you are able to connect to the IDE and can load the current file page into the viewer.

You still have Case statements to include.
    See Proton FineLine Plugin for above improvemets.

Norm

• Attention

cgriffin

0 Not allowed!

Your new 1.3 fixes the spacing issues that were in 1.2. It looks good. I probably will wait for it to be a plugin before I use it.

Thanks!

• Attention

Tasos Stratis

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by normnet View Post
    See Proton FineLine Plugin for above improvemets.

Norm
    Dear Norm You Are Grate ! ! !

Thank you ! ! !

• Attention

Thread Information