[SOLVED !] SD File System FAT16 confusion.

Closed Thread

Thread: SD File System FAT16 confusion.4736 days old

andyb

0 Not allowed!

Default SD File System FAT16 confusion.

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get my SD_File_System to work but I'm having difficulties.

I have the SD_File_System library installed and my code compiles no problem but I can't write anything to my card. It's a Fuji 64MB SD card.

I've scoped the outputs from my PIC18F4620 on my Proton Dev Board and as far as I can tell they're working. Which makes me wonder if I'm formatting my card correctly. It has to be FAT16 but how do you do this in WindowsXP Pro. I've searched this forum and downloaded an executable which formats in FAT16 but I'm not convinced. Has anyone had similar issues? There was another post that mentioned they couldn't get the SD_File_System working on 64MB cards. Is this right?

I'm stuck now so any help will be great.

As an aside, I'm using the examples supplied with SD-File_System but can't get HSerOut to write to the LCD but if use Print At it works fine.

Many thanks to anyone who can offer some help.

Andrew

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

andyb

0 Not allowed!

Hi again,

I've managed to get things working. What I hadn't realised is that there's a difference between MMC and SD. My card holder is designed for MMC and the contacts don't mate with the card properly. If I push down firmly it works!

Andrew

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

swright

0 Not allowed!

Andrew,

It's good to hear that you've got it working. The SD cards are slightly thicker than MMC cards and have an extra connection. You can get connectors that both cards fit correctly.

Steven

• Attention

andyb

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Steven,

I've just got a proper connector and it works well now although I've forgotten to bring my dongle to work so I'm stuck. grrrr!

From what I've read implementing a FAT system is no walk in the park so well done, this a nice add-on to PDS.

Andrew

• Attention

Don Stratton

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by andyb
    Thanks Steven,

I've just got a proper connector and it works well now although I've forgotten to bring my dongle to work so I'm stuck. grrrr!

Andrew
    Oh gawd, don't give me and several other people an opportunity to complain about the dongle!

--Don

• Attention

Thread Information