Thread: Open Source Quickblue4766 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Open Source Quickblue

quickBlue will become an open source product effective from November 2006. As an open source product, it will be free to all customers in a pre compiled HEX file and source code will be available under a GPL license.

The commercial version of quickBlue will continue to be available those who wish to purchase a ready built solution. Which will plug directly into the Proton development board for quick prototypeing.
    • Why Move the Open source?
      By moving to an open source product, while still supporting and advancing the product, we hope to see the product evolve at a faster pace than before, through the power of the open source development community.
    • What is Open source?
      In general, open source refers to a program whose source code is made available for use or modification as users or other developers see fit. (Historically, the makers of proprietary software have generally not made source code available.) Open source software is usually developed as a public collaboration and made freely available.
    • When will the open source version be available?
      The open source version of is targeted for release in November 2006 and will be free of charge.
      The Source code and technical documentation will be downloadable from the quickBlue web site.
      The quickBlue hardware design files will be downloadable from the quickBlue web site
      In addition, the hardware will be available for purchase at the crownhill web site , including Bluetooth Module, PCB and supporting microcontroller and peripheral components.

The site now carries the full compliment of source, documentation, data sheet and license.

Feel free to download and incorporate the QuickBlue solution into your developments.

We would really like to see some contributions from Proton users, from data loggers to alarms to robotic control. Why not join us in making your development open source.

Send us your contribution and we'll include it in the download, until the download becomes too large, then we'll add a section to the web site for user contributions.

Let's see where 2007 takes QuickBlue, if its successful and it flourishes, maybe we'll release more commercial products as open source.

Don't forget, you can use QuickBlue in your commercial developments too!, if you do, it would be great if you let us link to your web site promoting the product using QuickBlue.

At present we have the main components of QuickBlue available for purchase to assist with your developments, however if there is interest and demand, we'll put together a KIT of parts to support the PCB & BlueTooth Module.

QuickBlue is still available as a fully built and tested product, now you have the option of modifying the functionality by uploading your own version of the firmware!
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Hans Chr

0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I have a question about the quickblue link.

When my laptop enables communication with my device. how can I get the data in to my program on the PC?

I use java and they have serial support, but only that! (if you download the JRE -java runtime environment , which is for users - not developpers - the user will also have to download some other files and put them in some folders to get the serial stuff to work). How will I get the serial data into java?

Regards

hc

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

the.fox

0 Not allowed!

Very interesting road you have taken...

Does this mean that I can directly program the quick blue module replacing the 'demo app' bit with my own but keeping the blue toothy stack stuff?

• Attention

Nigel Worsley

0 Not allowed!

Les, any revised date as to when the source will be available?

Alternatively, is the datasheet for the bluetooth module itself available online or is it only supplied with the module?

I have several interesting ideas for gadgets that could use this stuff, and was hoping to find the spare time over christmas to look into things a bit deeper.

• Attention

Nigel Worsley

0 Not allowed!

Well, I get to answer my own question. The answer is NOW!

You can find it Here. There isn't as much code as I had expected, as the module seems to do most of the hard work. At first glance the code looks to be fairly easy to follow too, so splicing in extra code should be easy.

Well done Crownhill for making this available, a wonderful christmas present to anyone who has been thinking about adding Bluetooth to their Picbasic projects.

An order for a module will be arriving on your website very shortly

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

The site now carries the full compliment of source, documentation, data sheet and license.

Feel free to download and incorporate the QuickBlue solution into your developments.

We would really like to see some contributions from Proton users, from data loggers to alarms to robotic control. Why not join us in making your development open source.

Send us your contribution and we'll include it in the download, until the download becomes too large, then we'll add a section to the web site for user contributions.

Let's see where 2007 takes QuickBlue, if its successful and it flourishes, maybe we'll release more commercial products as open source.

Don't forget, you can use QuickBlue in your commercial developments too!, if you do, it would be great if you let us link to your web site promoting the product using QuickBlue.

At present we have the main components of QuickBlue available for purchase to assist with your developments, however if there is interest and demand, we'll put together a KIT of parts to support the PCB & BlueTooth Module.

QuickBlue is still available as a fully built and tested product, now you have the option of modifying the functionality by uploading your own version of the firmware!
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by the.fox
    Very interesting road you have taken...

Does this mean that I can directly program the quick blue module replacing the 'demo app' bit with my own but keeping the blue toothy stack stuff?

YES, you can build on our application to add funtionality or create a new app. The source code is documeneted and the data sheet for the module is provided for reference, though you should not need to use the data sheet if you're using PDS and adding funtionality or your own app.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

the.fox

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Chr
    Hi,

I have a question about the quickblue link.

When my laptop enables communication with my device. how can I get the data in to my program on the PC?

I use java and they have serial support, but only that! (if you download the JRE -java runtime environment , which is for users - not developpers - the user will also have to download some other files and put them in some folders to get the serial stuff to work). How will I get the serial data into java?

Regards

hc
    Hans, Just noticed your post.

I have been using quickblue with a .net application with a serial method. This allows my .net application send data/commands to quickblue and receive data in a serial format.

When you pair up quickblue for the first time with your laptop a com port will be assigned to this link. All you need to do then is open the com port with java and the connection to quickblue is automatically made... any serial data then sent to quickblue from the java app just streams out of the UART tx pin on the quickblue. Close the com port within java and the link disconnects itself.

I was really surprised how easy it was!!!!

Paul

• Attention

DiarmuidWrenne

0 Not allowed!

Guys,

Where is the unique id of the module stored? This would be the ID that I see when I do a "hcitool scan" command in linux. I have had a look through the code and I see a "BT_READ_LOCAL_BD_ADDR" sub. That does a hserin command. Is that it? Is it an eeprom command?

What I want to do is use bluetooth for an adhoc networking app that i am developing. I want to use bluetooth enabled phones to communicate with bluetooth enabled computers. As the system is adhoc I do not want to go through the pairing every time. I am thinking that if I can make the ID of the pc connected bluetooth dongles the same, then the phone will only need to pair once. I could also try and eliminate the pairing altogether by changing the code.

Any thoughts? (besides that the bluetooth organisation would have a fit)

Would it be possible to connect the bluelink to a PC and use it as the dongle that communicates with the remote device.

Regards

Diarmuid

BT_READ_LOCAL_BD_ADDR:
    'PARSE_RETURN = TRUE ' Default to a good response
    Clear VALUE_STRING
    Hrsout "BGT3\r\n" ' Issue the GET DEVICE NAME command
    '
    ' Receive the response with a 10 second timeout
    '
    Clear VALUE_STRING
    Hserin 10000, BT_READ_LOCAL_BD_ADDR_TIMEOUT, [CH,CH] ' Discard the initial CR and LF
    CHARPOS = 0
    Repeat ' Form a loop for all the characters in VALUE_STRING
    Hserin 10000, BT_READ_LOCAL_BD_ADDR_TIMEOUT, [CH]
    If CH = 13 Then Break ' Exit the loop when the CR is received
    If CH = 10 Then Break ' Exit the loop when the LF is received
    VALUE_STRING [CHARPOS] = CH
    Inc CHARPOS
    Until CHARPOS > 39
    GoSub FLUSH_BLUETOOTH_BUFFER ' Flush any characters left in the BlueTooth's serial buffer
    'If VALUE_STRING != "NAK00" Then Return
    GoSub DECODE_NAK_MESSAGES ' Decode the NAK messages (if received)
    Return

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 142
    Total Downloaded
    1.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

The ID (BD Address) of the bluetooth module isn't stored in the code as it's a product of the module itself. However, the code could be modified to read the ID and store it in eeprom at first power up.

• Attention

DiarmuidWrenne

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Les,

So its in the hardware. But does the radio add that id on when transmitting or does the PIC code read it and then send it?

Cheers

Diarmuid

• Attention

mjaliyon

0 Not allowed!

Default Sugetion from a user

Dear Sir,
    I,M.J.A.liyanage has been registered in Pic Basic Forum Under User name “mjaliyon” and I’m using PDS.I would like to request you to include Pic Basic samples under Forum and hope it will be useful for me as well as others. In addition, that will help to user’s program development and popular PDS among users. I understand that there are some projects to download but for common using application, there are fewer samples. Would like bring some samples as follows for you kind consideration
    • 7 Segments LED display Voltmeter (Min 4 Digits)
    • Running Text Sign Board (More than 16 Characters at a time)
    • How to convert Conventional Logic circuit to PicBasic Language
    • How to convert Ladder Logic circuit to PicBasic Language (Like LDMicro- More Info www.cq.cx)
    • Control Digital & Analog outputs (Min 8 Outputs) and Read Digital & Analog Inputs (Min 8 Inputs)
    From PIC to PC using Serial Communication
    • How Connect PIC with LABWIVE Scada Software (One Project can download From Parallex BS2 Project page )
    • How to connect 2 PICs or External Device using RS 485 Communication
    • How Addressing RS485 Devices
    • How to use PIC for Industrial Automation Field using Proton

Therefore, I would like kindly request you will to include above-mentioned to your project page in your forum .Also it is better allowing forum users to send their projects too. If it increase the samples and do not have to waste, time to find other. Can get a better results if the program should be consider for beginners to advance users. Also there are programs (GLCD BITMAP CODER & LCD Character Generator) which I download and find a problem there, an error message appears while I run the program. Kindly advise to over come this issue.

Thanking you,
    M.J.A.Liyanage

[email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 142
    Total Downloaded
    1.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

I don't fully understand your post.

Are you requesting the sample programs or wanting to submit sample programs to the forum?

• Attention

Maverick

0 Not allowed!

So I think what he is trying to say in English is this.

Here are a list of projects I want to do ,, write my code for me and put it on the forum.

At least that's how it reads to me .

Could I ask that if you what version of the compiler are you using ?

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 17
    Total Downloaded
    751.86 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    After reading this post i decided to (Try to )integrate bluetooth to my rgb project.
    I was wondering if there are already people who have made projects with the quickblue module.
    Are there any hidden problems.....
    Is it possible to make a program on a mobile phone and control an application via bluetooth.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Bas

• Attention

Thread Information