Forgotten Your Password?
Hello Unregistered ,
Mark Forums Read
View Site Leaders
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the
by clicking the link above. You may have to
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.
Our Forum exists so that we can learn about and share our knowledge of Proton BASIC Compiler, in our view the best compiler for PICģ. Our forum is a safe place for all users. We are a friendly, worldwide community with a common interest.
The Forum is free of politics, racism, sexism or personal attacks. We are here because we love programming and want to help and be helped. We contribute to the development of the Proton Compiler.
For a functional, peaceful Forum we need rules and a way of ensuring compliance. We know that the list is long, please read and obey the rules. Agreement is a condition of using this site.
General rules of use
These rules are to be adhered to by all users, both in Forum areas and when publishing articles on the web site. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in a penalty. Penalties may involve removal of posts, banning or the loss of points where an accumulated 10 points will result in both a temporary removal of service and 1 strike being associated with the userís account. A total of three strikes will result in a permanent removal of service.
Penalties will be awarded by moderators, in relation to a userís failure to adhere to the rules.
The following rules identify what is / is not allowed on our web site. The penalty for not complying is in brackets.
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting or inflammatory posts or personal attacks. The moderatorís decision is final in these matters. (3 points)
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads or posts. (1 point)
* Advertising in other than the provided section, spamming and trolling either directly or indirectly is not allowed. (10 points)
* Please wait a reasonable amount of time before reposting the same or similar questions. A minimum of 24 hours should be allowed. (post removal)
* Posts not related to programming, electronics or hardware should be placed in the lounge (1 point).
* We do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate community standards. The moderators shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (3 points)
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. (3 points)
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed, unless sanctioned by the moderators. (3 points)
* While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitorsí products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts (2 points). Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from bashing other products. (1 point)
* Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. You can contact the company direct if you have issue with company policies. (post removal)
* Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed. (post removal)
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests outside of the section reserved for advertisements. (2 points)
* All posts must be made in English (post removal)
We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
We reserve the right to bypass the points system in unusual circumstances and ban anyone who wilfully violates the Forum rules. Access to this website and Forums is a privilege and not a right.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these Forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. Note: The only exception to this is for posts in the section designated for advertising. The moderators at their sole discretion may remove posts from the advertising section as they wish.
Linking to a commercial product/service is acceptable, provided it is not blatant advertising
A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate our community standards. The moderators shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
All signatures must be made in English
Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
Use of the Proton logo in avatars is not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following limits
You can't have both text and images in your signature
For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
Animated images in a signature are not allowed
Although the administrators and moderators of the web site and Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this Forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of this web site and Forum, nor the moderators and administrators will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.
The owners of this web site and Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Any disputes with the moderators will be handled in private through the Private Message System to the administrator
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small, removable data file stored by your Web browser on your computer. We place a unique identifier in the cookie and use the cookie to connect your computer with the information we store for you in our database. Cookies do not contain any personal information and they do not give us access to your computer. You may find the following link useful when learning about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
* to alert you to new areas that may be of interest to you
* to customize Web page content that may be helpful to you
* to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
* to enable you to re-enter the web site, within a session period, without the re-entry of user name and password for each visit
* to enable you to select products, place them in the shopping system on www.crownhill.co.uk and make a purchase
Cookies help us to identify you and make best use of information that you provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These voluntary submissions allow you to:
* receive our electronic newsletters
* participate in our Forums
* email a friend from within our website
* participate in polls and surveys
We do not divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
We do track user traffic patterns. We break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
We may track and catalog the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas.
Our cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer's IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
If you do not adhere to the above rules, you may be prevented from using this web site and Forum.
I have read, and agree to abide by the Proton BASIC community web site rules.
Home of Proton BASIC (Proton Development Suite)
All times are GMT +1. The time now is
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
© Crownhill Associates Limited 1995-2016, All rights reserved.
All Trademarks acknowledged. E & OE
Your IP Address: