PDA

View Full Version : error: Missing security key

Arin
10th June 2015, 02:19
Hello, how do I solve this error: error: Missing security key ?. I am used windown 7 64bit. I await answers, I stopped in a small project.

charliecoultas
10th June 2015, 08:26
Do you have a USB Dongle, which would have been supplied as part of the Proton suite? If so, have you installed the drivers for it? If so, is the led in the dongle lit?

Charlie

Arin
11th June 2015, 19:29
Thanks for listening. I have a dongle.I downloaded the proton's website and installed it on my computer. I have the pic recorder. Could you give me a hint to run a small project without using the dongle. How do I solve this program.

Arin
11th June 2015, 19:34
Correction of the previous response: Thank you Charlie for your attention. I do not have a dongle.I downloaded the proton's website and installed it on my computer. I have the pic recorder. Could you give me a hint to run a small project without using the dongle. How do I solve this program.

charliecoultas
11th June 2015, 20:12
Arin

I'm afraid you can't use Proton without the dongle. Some people spent several years developing Proton and they trusted that people would pay for it if they wanted to use it. But, some dishonest people used Proton without paying for it. So the developers decided to use a dongle, which means that you can't use Proton unless you have contributed towards its considerable development costs. Very understandable, don't you think? Sorry.
Charlie

Mellbreak
11th June 2015, 20:19
Arin,

The compiler will allow you to use a few PICs without the dongle. For example the PIC18F25K20 or PIC18F25K22. Certain of the PIC24 series can also be used.

These particular processors can be used without limitation.

Bob