2nd May 2013, 15:54
Hi guys
anybody can say to me if any of the "standard" USB commands v3.5.5.5
is using the interrupt structure ??

thanks, Tony

Dick Barton
6th May 2013, 11:20
Hello Tony,
I don't think that these commands are supported anymore, I may be wrong. If you look for USB HID Wizard written by Harn on this Forum, you can set up your program to use interrupts.
A nice piece of software and "must have" from Harn.

6th May 2013, 13:55
Thanks Dik for the answer.
I do not agree with you, the Harm code is surely a nice and working piece of software but
USBINT, etc. are standard instructions listed by the PDS manual where there is NOT
mention to HID_ReadReport etc. so i expect that the compiler developper will continue to
support them. Unless i'm wrong and somewhere there is a different sentence.

6th May 2013, 16:22
The embedded USB commands are still valid PDS commands and are coded in assembler, however, as I understand it, Les produced a Basic version which is more flexible and is a straight translation of the MicroChip USB library. I believe this is the recommended approach for HID implementation now. Les wrote it in the hope that others might take this as an example and develop a CDC version of the code.

The USB implementation in PDS only supports polling. It doesn't use the USB interrupt.

Hope that clarifies things a little.

6th May 2013, 18:52
Thanks, understood
where can i find the file "PDS_USB _HID_Wizard" ?

Dick Barton
6th May 2013, 20:10
Dear moderators,

I have built a tool to support the creation of a USB HID Descriptor.inc for the USB_HID_Stack as found in the New Samples directory.
It will also do the configuration of USB related fuses for you.
As required, I wrote an article describing the tool and it's working including screen shots of the two forms. Links to the new Files server are also included.
This article resides in the Wiki>Tools and utilities, it's called 'USB HID Descriptor wizard'.