PDA

View Full Version : USB Descriptor errors

Dave-S
25th October 2012, 17:25
Updated Compilier to 3.5.5.3 and then trying to compile past code I get all these errors from Descriptor file.

ERROR
Error at Line [3] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' LIST ' not found! ***
Error at Line [32] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __DEVICEDESCRIPTOR ' not found! ***
Error at Line [54] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __ENDDEVICEDESCRIPTOR ' not found! ***
Error at Line [63] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __USB_CD_PTR ' not found! ***
Error at Line [64] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __CONFIGS ' not found! ***
Error at Line [65] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** 'DB' is a Protected Keyword used by the compiler, preprocessor, or assembler, and cannot be used at this position! ***
Error at Line [66] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** 'DB' is a Protected Keyword used by the compiler, preprocessor, or assembler, and cannot be used at this position! ***
Error at Line [69] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' ___CONFIG1 ' not found! ***
Error at Line [72] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __CONFIG1LEN ' not found! ***
Error at Line [82] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __INTERFACE1 ' not found! ***
Error at Line [92] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __HIDDESCRIPTOR1 ' not found! ***
Error at Line [99] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __REPORTDESCRIPTOR1LEN ' not found! ***
Error at Line [102] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __ENDPOINT1IN ' not found! ***
Error at Line [109] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __ENDPOINT1OUT ' not found! ***
Error at Line [116] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __ENDCONFIG1 ' not found! ***
Error at Line [118] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __REPORTDESCRIPTOR1 ' not found! ***
Error at Line [187] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __ENDREPORTDESCRIPTOR1 ' not found! ***
Error at Line [190] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __USB_SD_PTR ' not found! ***
Error at Line [191] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** Variable ' __STRINGS ' not found! ***
Error at Line [192] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** 'DB' is a Protected Keyword used by the compiler, preprocessor, or assembler, and cannot be used at this position! ***
Error at Line [193] In file [C:\Users\David\PDS\Samples\GENERICHIDJOEDESC.INC] *** 'DB' is a Protected Keyword used by the compiler, preprocessor, or assembler, and cannot be used at this position! ***

PA1OKZ
25th October 2012, 23:53
Hi Dave,

Did you completely remove the former PDS and the folder where it as stored, prior to installing 3.5.5.3 ?

Best regards,

Mischa

Dave-S
26th October 2012, 09:19
Hi Dave,

Did you completely remove the former PDS and the folder where it as stored, prior to installing 3.5.5.3 ?

Best regards,

Mischa

Yes uninstalled and then deleted folders in Program (X86) and in Users.
David

Robertux
7th November 2012, 20:12
Hello
I have te same problem than Dave

Best regards
Roberto

Robertux
7th November 2012, 20:32
Im sorry
All is OK

salvu
13th January 2013, 09:22
i was reading through this thread and i have the same problem. well i installed the compiler 3.5.5.4 . i did not delate old version of pds or any files. now when i try to complile old workable usb programs the errors start coming out with the first which i rectified being usbdeccriptor= "........" ...........i understood that one had to use the declare and that worked.............then errors in the usbdescriptor file itself.........may i also ask these questions related to usb and this problem
is there another easyHID program that generates the appropriate files?
is there and easyHID program for VB6 rather than VB5

thanks in advance

joesaliba
9th February 2013, 19:33
Salvu,

Have a look here (http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/68961-USB-routines-written-in-PDS?x=482123) and here (http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/68132-USB-HID-Stack/page2?highlight=usb+hid)

There was some changes. If you search USB HID you may find other posts as well. I never really played with USB. Would like to when I have some time. If you need something else you know my phone number:)

salvu
10th February 2013, 08:42
Thanks Joe for your input. Well What is the latest version of proton IDE. i have the 2012 version and 3.5.5.5 compiler downloaded from site. My PDS software does not have an update tool! as stated in the the latest manual version downloaded from site.

salvu

joesaliba
10th February 2013, 14:30
Update within PDS has been removed for a long time. However, you have the latest version.

salvu
12th February 2013, 13:55
regarding the code generated by EASYHID stil not working with the new compiler version. can someone help. with the previous version it was more simple and workable.
salvu

wirecut
16th March 2013, 17:14
HI,

after about one year of inactivity in PDS environment, now I have received from a customer a request to build a very simple application; under VB6 is needed to read one analog value from the field and power tree power LED as a traffic light.:sneakiness::fat:

I have the 18F4550 demo board from Microchip PICDEM FSUSB.

I have just downloaded the 3.5.5.5 release and as you can imagine, I have found a lot of difficulties to have the
"..\New Samples\Proton_USB_HID_StackNEW_SAMPLE\USB HID Keyboard Demo.bas" up and running, but after a couple of day of trials and reading a lot of posts now the mouse round squarely on my Win 7 display. :fat:

Now I need your help to point me in the right direction to found a VB6 and PDS skeleton that run jointly in order to send and receive data from the PIC that run under 3.5.5.5. :confused:

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Leo