PDA

View Full Version : The dynamic link library SPARKEY.DLL could not be found

willy
6th October 2012, 12:45
Hello,

I'm trying to install PDS on a windows7 64bit computer. The USB key already lightup but when I want to compile I get this error message.

The dynamic link library SPARKEY.DLL could not be found in the specified path.

Where can I find this dll and where do I put it ???

thanks for the help

John Drew
7th October 2012, 06:19
Welcome to the forum Willy.
Use the search facility at the top right hand of the screen and you will find a number of posts about this.
When you get the chance find your invoice (I see you purchased direct from Crownhill) and complete the form under "Community/Request Licensed User Status" at the drop down menu above. Licensed users get more attention and it does have other benefits.
Best wishes
John

willy
7th October 2012, 12:05
Hello John,

I requested the licenced user. Thanks for the tip.
I have searched for a solution on the forum but didn't find it.
I have installed PDS on my laptop with windows7 home premium a time ago (1 year ago) and also had to manualy put the 3 skarkey's (sys,inf and dll) in the correct directory's.
these 3 I downloaded from this page. Al was working perfect.
I wanted to install pds now on my desktop in my workshop with also windows7 home premium. So I copy'd these sparkey's files onto my desktop but I can't compile ???
The same windows version but on the laptop it's ok and on the desktop I get this error message ???
That's why I posted this thread.

I hope you understand my problem now and maybe can help me out.

Thanks

DaveS
7th October 2012, 13:41
The usb key drivers are located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\USB Key Drivers\
XP,Vista & Win7

willy
7th October 2012, 19:19
Hello Dave,

The installer of PDS did not make this directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\USB Key Drivers\).
Must I make it myself.
On my laptop all works fine but the location of the sparkey files is totaly different :
sparkey.inf : c:\windows\inf\
sparkey.sys : c:\windows\System32\drivers\
sparkey.dll: c:\windows\

I'm kind of new with this, I haven't used much over a year but really won't to get started now with PDS and PIC's

Regards
Willy

pic-ignorant
7th October 2012, 20:19
I dont think it matters where you put the sparkey folder. I put mine in My Docs, then found the dongle in the device manager, and selected the option to find the drivers manually, and pointed to the Sparkey folder.

Regards
John

willy
8th October 2012, 16:32
Still getting the error message.
Uninstalled proton ide and MPLAB, reinstalled everything and put the 3 sparkey files into a folder named USB drivers in the proton ide folder.
Manualy installed the usb key pointing at this directory. All seems ok the usbkey is reconised.
But still getting this nasty error message "The dynamic link library SPARKEY.DLL could not be found in the specified path"

I really don't know wath I'm doing wrong ???

joesaliba
8th October 2012, 17:38
Willy,

Search for USBDeview and uninstall the USB dongle using this application. I had some trouble with two USB drivers for printers. I used USBDeview, uninstalled both drivers, re-installed them and now everything is working as expected. BTW, it's free. Do not know if it is going to work for you but it is worth a try.

willy
13th October 2012, 13:40
Tried it with USBdeview still no solution !!!

pic-ignorant
14th October 2012, 00:49
Have you read this thread?
http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/56492-Spark-USB-Key-problems

Regards
John