PDA

View Full Version : usb serial emulator

ayhampic
4th August 2011, 16:43
hi ,

Does anyone here known the maximum speed of usb using in Serial emulator mode ? and is it easier than usb hid programming ?

thanks in advance .

ayhampic
6th August 2011, 19:40
hi,

Plz guys , any formula or some thing useful ?

DanRiches
6th September 2011, 14:55
You're better off using HID for the moment as it's a lot easier, doesn't need a driver and will work on Windows XP, Vista and 7 all editions without issue. Writing your own CDC driver for Windows is a pain and although it can be done I'd stick with HID until your happy with the USB protocol. See Jan Axelsson's book USB Complete for more information...

HTH, Dan

Kapitan
6th September 2011, 16:47
The PDS Suite contains a CDC USB emulator that effectively gives you a sub / serial port. !
What version of PDS are you using ?
IF you apply for and obtain a lciensed user status, then I am sure more help would be forthcoming.
Please answer the question as to the version you are using..

W4GNS
6th September 2011, 17:34
He gave you an anser in this thread, anutter one of your Jack Sparrow's ? http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/64158-Detecting-USB-interrupt?p=464419#post464419

What version of PDS are you using ?
IF you apply for and obtain a lciensed user status, then I am sure more help would be forthcoming.
Please answer the question as to the version you are using..

wastrix
7th September 2011, 06:37
He gave you an anser in this thread, anutter one of your Jack Sparrow's ? http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/64158-Detecting-USB-interrupt?p=464419#post464419
He did not give a satisfactory answer in that thread, if you'd cared to read. He said he was using version "3.5.2" There is no such version, the only version starting with 3.5 to ever be released publically was 3.5.0.6. Any other version cannot legally be obtained without being a Licensed user. Ergo, he is using an illegal copy.

Regardless of that, this thread is old and presumably this user has left. There is nothing to discuss here.

W4GNS
7th September 2011, 07:13

Regardless of that, this thread is old and presumably this user has left. There is nothing to discuss here.

So why did you reply then ?

As far as reading, I read it very well, I just don't see a need to give a detailed explaination on such matters, I'm not at fault if some folks cannot read between the lines (putting it nicely).

wastrix
7th September 2011, 07:56
So why did you reply then ?
I replied then, as I am replying now, in order to contend one of your comments. User ayhampic has not challenged my assumption of his use of an illegal copy of PDS (as you can see on the other thread) and therefore Captainslarty's comment in post #4 is entirely valid. However, it looks like the OP has disappeared anyway, so the original topic of this thread is closed.

Anyway, I am not intending to start an argument here.

ayhampic
8th September 2011, 01:08
You're better off using HID for the moment as it's a lot easier, doesn't need a driver and will work on Windows XP, Vista and 7 all editions without issue. Writing your own CDC driver for Windows is a pain and although it can be done I'd stick with HID until your happy with the USB protocol. See Jan Axelsson's book USB Complete for more information...

HTH, Dan

thanks for reply :

actually I have experienced using of HID with EasyHID, but the problem is in visual basic's program which stucks if I have sent data to the PIC when the PIC isn't holding in USBRead statement .

and my need was : the visual basic should be able to interrupt the PIC using the USB at any time in any way ?

have you faced this problem ? any ideas ?

regards.

W4GNS
12th September 2011, 23:29
I have been busy, so a delay getting to the bottom of this, before you edited your post, you commented on my "snide" remark, what remark have I made that you consider "snide"?

I replied then, as I am replying now, in order to contend one of your comments. .

tumbleweed
13th September 2011, 10:57
I don't see anything in the OP's post that refers to ANY version of anything.

Being new here, can't one just ask a generic question, or do I need to supply a compiler version to ask that?

joesaliba
13th September 2011, 18:05
tumbleweed,

Being a member of this forum from May you should register for licensed user. Usually, a month or two is sufficient to register.

Being new here, can't one just ask a generic question, or do I need to supply a compiler version to ask that?

Yes, you have to supply compiler version. Every new version has additional features that without mentioning them you could be having incorrect help.

Regards

Joseph

tumbleweed
13th September 2011, 20:30
Actually, I'm just a user of the Amicus18 compiler. I visit this forum since there's next to no traffic on that site, and a lot of good knowledge here.

I understand that support isn't free, and that there are piracy concerns with the paid for version. Fair enough. I can respect that. I just thought that the original question was more of a general nature and not related to the compiler per say.

joesaliba
14th September 2011, 17:59
tunmbleweed,

The Amicus18 compiler has a lot of commands tied specifically to the PIC the compiler uses. Then, it is more important to: -

1) Mention which compiler you are using in each thread you post in
2) The PIC used (Amicus has two different PIC)

Some more information such as name and location in your profile would not hurt.

At least, there is less confusion when asking something.

Regards

Joseph

Kapitan
15th September 2011, 12:17
Actually, I'm just a user of the Amicus18 compiler. I visit this forum since there's next to no traffic on that site, and a lot of good knowledge here.

I understand that support isn't free, and that there are piracy concerns with the paid for version. Fair enough. I can respect that. I just thought that the original question was more of a general nature and not related to the compiler per say.

If you use AMICUS, then - afaik, there IS NO USB pds commands so, NOT related to the 'compiler per say' as you put it.... - the OP, imho, is a pure pirate, he will not supply a valid version number, he ignores questions about it and continues to post.

if YOU use AMICUS, then simply say in your posts 'I USE AMICUS' then we can direct you back to that forum if the topic is AMICUS related. otherwise, buy the product. !!
IF you say, for example, I USE AMICUS AND AM LOOKING AT THE FULL PDS, then I am sure you would get help, but...... if you post a topic that is not related to the full PAID FOR version of PDS, then post it in the pre-sales forum for example.