PDA

View Full Version : Spark key problem

teo
14th April 2011, 21:32
I want to work with Proton and Proteus together but it is not possible. Both use USB key spark. Can deal with each separately. What can I do?
I thank in advance
Teo

Tim
14th April 2011, 22:16
Sorry I'm not sure what the issue is... Proton and Proteus work together fine. Why is them having dongle causing you an issue?

cgriffin
15th April 2011, 02:16
I think he's having a dongle conflict...it sounds like neither s/w package is written to accommodate a key that is not intended for their s/w.

Lester
15th April 2011, 04:05
certain versions of Proteus use a usb key. However there should not be an issue with using two or more sparkey on the same machine...i do it a lot.

How does this issue manifest itself? why do you feel that its a sparkey issue?

teo
15th April 2011, 21:23
Hi Les. Have you tried this?
Best regards,
teo

Lester
16th April 2011, 17:38
Have we tried what, two sparkeys at the same time....YES EVERY key is tested under that criteria before its shipped. BUT not specifically with the Labcenter key and the proton Key. Though both are tested against a control key before shipment.

teo
27th April 2011, 18:11
I thought that the new version works with Proteus, but ..........
Why Proteus is given as a demo in Proton package? I have Proteus Platinum Edition and can not use it together with Proton. Les please do something!
I thank in advance
Teo

Tim
27th April 2011, 19:24
Why Proteus is given as a demo in Proton package?

Because its a great debug tool..

I have Proteus Platinum Edition and can not use it together with Proton

When you tried to use it did you see the icon at the top of the board selection dialogue?

It says "ISIS Location" Hint ;) point it to the location of your ISIS exe

teo
14th May 2011, 22:54
I thought that the new version works with Proteus, but ..........

Tim
15th May 2011, 08:51
What does that mean?

teo
15th May 2011, 11:37
I want to work with Proton and Proteus together but it is not possible. Both use USB key spark. Can work with each separately. What can I do?
I thank in advance
Teo