PDA

View Full Version : SPI Lib

teo
4th January 2011, 21:35
HI , can someone create a library (macro) for SPI hardware (MSSP) PIC16F...
Thanks in advance!

teo
4th January 2011, 22:17
I need this to connect a PIC16F946 with MCP3201

pic-ignorant
4th January 2011, 22:22
Good luck with getting somebody to create a Macro for you...

The subject has been duscussed on the forum before, and there is example code

teo
5th January 2011, 20:16
Thanks for encouragement , but I have not found any example code
Regards
Teo

dmTulsa
5th January 2011, 21:26
Teo,

Its already done. Look under the Help in the IDE the go to the SPI MACRO's Document. These are for the 18F series but I don't see why you can't modify them (there are a few includes) to work with the 16F parts, most of them anyway. Its the best place to start as far as I know

From what I understand these are not supported or made by Proton. They are Microchips macros modified for use with Proton. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Doug

pic-ignorant
5th January 2011, 23:20
Not a Macro, but it may help

http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/52737-MCP3201-12-BIT-ADC-from-microchip?highlight=mcp3201

teo
7th January 2011, 14:19
Thank you all. Maybe Les can help me more.
Regards
Teo

Kapitan
7th January 2011, 15:03
Thank you all. Maybe Les can help me more.
Regards
Teo

Hello Teo
Could you not change to an 18F part in your design, the 18F seems far more supported now than the 16 series.?
Regards Sir
Joe

dmTulsa
19th January 2011, 02:08
Teo,

Good luck, Les is the one who told me the he will not support them..........As was stated here there are many examples on the form. Just search for them and look at the samples folder.

dmTulsa
19th January 2011, 02:11
I need a PIC with EEPROM and LCD Driver (196 segments) course supported by the Proton Compiler.
Regards,
Teo

step 1.........go to michrochip.com and find your pic
step 2.........see if that chip is supported by PDS
step 3.........write your code
step 4.................................after looking at any samples that apply, looking at the manual and data sheet then post the code you have tried to write and someone here will try to help you.

Teo, please don't take this wrong but is sounds like you want someone here to do your work for you. That's not going to happen. By posting code that you have written we can see that your trying and someone will help. Just asking how to do x,y,or z means nothing. You have to show you have tried to make x,y,&z work in a program.

If you follow the steps above or something like them you will get help. I'll help if you can say what the problem is.

BTW DON'T use the MACROS until you understand them. You can do everything they to with PDS commands or better yet use ASM. That way you'll learn how it works and what the macros are really doing. Until you learn the very basic's you'll always have problems.

Sorry if this sounds no one is going to help but you have to show us you have tried to help yourself first. You will get help if you do. I'll make special time to help.

I'm trying to help, more than you know, by saying this.

Doug