PDA

View Full Version : Licensed user's downloads & benefits

Prague
8th November 2010, 18:23
What is the benefit of a licensed user on this forum? The files on 'Update' link - latest version, can be downloaded by anyone. And with the usb dongle, proton compiler ide can check and download available updates. So, is it necessary to get a licensed status?

pverburg
8th November 2010, 18:35
the update in the IDE is obsolete and if you want to ask questions on this forum licensed status allows full access to this forum and indicates that your not a pirate we had some problems in the past.

Paul V.

Prague
8th November 2010, 19:10
Ok, I did not know that the automatic update is obsolete now, it's mentioned in wiki.
But you can download the latest version without a licensed status. And you can access the full forum by simply registering.
So, the exact benefit is probably to show each other that you are not a pirate user. Is there anything more? Like any forum area only for licensed user.

W4GNS
9th November 2010, 01:21
There is a Beta section to the forum, if I remember correctly, and you will have to be a licensed user to see it

Prague
9th November 2010, 08:30
Now there is no Beta section I think. It is good if the upgrading can be done easily.

wastrix
9th November 2010, 09:26
When the compiler is undergoing beta development, licensed users can download the latest beta versions and give feedback in the beta section of the forums.

The beta section still exists, however as far as I know, PDS is now at an official release stage and so it is temporarily irrelevant.

The latest version does not include the online update functionality.

Prague
10th November 2010, 01:01
Thank you all for your replies.
This would be good if someone can write a complete step by step procedure for setting the latest PDS. As exactly what to do to get the future updates easily. Is having a usb dongle sufficient or one must have to register with the forum and get a licensed status?
I think the websites of PDS should also be updated. There are information that are not applicable to the latest version. Some redirect to the old forum which is obsolete now. This is confusing for the new users.
Thanks again. Best of luck.