PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Help file and Users Manual

kcheston
4th February 2010, 02:59
I just installed my newly purchased copy of Proton Development Suite, IDE version 1.0.4.6, and Basic compiler version 3.1.0.9 (versions after upgrading from the view/online updates selection on the main menu).
My question is a simple one. I was preparing to look over the users manual before trying to code anything. I couldn't find any document that stated where the user manual was located. I can review the help file, so I have that as a resource. But, is the help file the same thing as the users manual?
I browsed the CD to see if the manual was there, but I could only find other PDF's (which were not clearly identified as users manuals). Can someone please help me by telling me whether the users manual is in fact the on-line help that I get to from within the IDE? or is the users manual a separate document? If it is separate, how can I find or obtain it?

And thanks to all who kindly and courteously reply.

wastrix
4th February 2010, 03:49
Step 1: go here and follow the steps: http://wiki.picbasic.org/index.php?n=Beginners.HowToUpgradeYourForumUserSta tus

Step 2: once you are registered go to the beta area and download the latest version (technically a beta, but more stable than the official release)

Step 3: there is a PDF user manual in the PDS folder of the beta version.

At the moment, I think the help file is accurate up to v3.2.5.5

kcheston
4th February 2010, 16:34
Thanks for responding. Your instructions are helpful.

wastrix
4th February 2010, 21:48
TY.

Please note it may take a few days to get to be a "Licensed User" because CH is quite busy at the moment. Latest version is 3.4.0.8, by the way.

fanie
4th February 2010, 22:08
go to the beta area and download the latest version (technically a beta, but more stable than the official release)

Ahemmm.... pre-release, look at my lips, PREEE-REEE-LEEEASE.

We don't have a beta any more :o

Calls for a new post in the 'Wish List'...

wastrix
4th February 2010, 23:22
Ahemmm.... pre-release, look at my lips, PREEE-REEE-LEEEASE.

We don't have a beta any more :o

Calls for a new post in the 'Wish List'...
Come on, Danie, I can't see your lips.

Weren't you posting the other day about how you didn't care what it was called?:D

fanie
4th February 2010, 23:24
You up to your trix again eh Was ?

You must look carefully...

You know what causes this :eek: First it's hairs on your hands then blindness sets in :D