PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED !] Compiler comparison: no. of commands

Joseph_A
13th December 2006, 15:20
Hi All:

Not having a Basic compiler for PICs yet, I found the features comparison table for 3 compilers at Crownhill's site to be excellent. But it looks like the number of commands and the number of math functions/operations should be major considerations and these do not appear. In a quick look at manuals Proton seems to surpass others.

Am I missing something regarding these numbers and their importance relative to other features compared in Crownhill's table?

Joe

cgriffin
13th December 2006, 15:27
Forget the count. Just go with PDS and be happy...I spent my money on another compiler before PDS was released, and I'm glad I upgraded as soon as I could.

John Drew
15th December 2006, 06:23
G'day Joseph
I copied these from the help file. I hope it helps.
I use PDS for my moon and sun position calculator and I find it very much up to the task.
Here is the extract:

Addition '+'
Subtraction '-'
Multiply '*'
Multiply HIGH '**'
Multiply MIDDLE '*/'
Divide '/'
Modulus '//'
Bitwise AND '&'
Bitwise OR '|'
Bitwise XOR '^'
Bitwise SHIFT LEFT '<<'
Bitwise SHIFT RIGHT '>>'
Complement '~'
ABS
ACOS
ASIN
ATAN
COS
DCD
DIG
EXP
LOG
LOG10
MAX
MIN
NCD
POW
REV
SIN
SQR
TAN
DIV32

PDS is an excellent system - I recommend it highly.
John

See_Mos
15th December 2006, 11:49
Hi Joseph,

Why not download the Lite version from the Crownhill website.

There is a limit on the number of lines for each programme but you can have a go with the compiler and a full manual and some example files are included.

regards, Trevor

NewBoy
16th December 2006, 19:32
Joe,

I moved to PDS from another product - and it takes a LOT to get my wallet open.
The product is excellent with regular updates. The forum has some great contributors and the support from Crownhill and Mecanique has been far, far better than the previous product which I won't mention.

I find the range of math functions to be comprehensive - which is handy for my recent projects.

I think you will be happy if you buy it.