PDA

View Full Version : PIC processor selection

canipus
3rd November 2006, 06:14
I've downloaded Proton IDE LITE and its installed on my XP SP1 PC.
How do I change the PIC selection in the editor to 12F675.
Shouldn't there be a drop down selection box next to the compile icon on the toolbar? I don't see it and I've searched the entire editor icons and help file. So what's the secret???

Coley
3rd November 2006, 07:42
Simple,

Just use this code at the top of your basic listing

Device = 12F675

Then you will see the device selection in the left window pane.

Good luck.....

Coley:)

John Drew
3rd November 2006, 07:48
Hello Canipus
It looks like you've been thorough and had a good look around.
Normally you head a program like this:

Device 12F675
Declare XTAL 8 (or whatever you need within limits of lite version)

etc

If there's a short cut I don't know it, but keep in mind that Proton supports so many devices and is constantly updated with more that you would need a rather long menu system. It's not very hard to type in "Device 12F675".
Have fun, the full version is VERY powerful and worth every cent.
John

Coley beat me to the send button..

canipus
4th November 2006, 00:22
Coley and John
Many thanks and much obliged for putting me straight.

I agree the PIC declaration is actually a lot easier than a drop down menu and scroll bar.

regards
canipus

cgriffin
4th November 2006, 00:42
You must be a PBP convert...they use a drop-down list. The biggest benefit to the list-box is that you never have to wonder if a device is supported or not. We have to search the help file...

canipus
4th November 2006, 16:18
You must be a PBP convert...they use a drop-down list. The biggest benefit to the list-box is that you never have to wonder if a device is supported or not. We have to search the help file...

well, I wouldn't say I'm a PBP convert. I'm really a newbie just feeling my way around. I have played a little with PBP at college and that got me onto looking at Proton because I started reading up on the differences between the two. I have reached a point where I feel that if I really start getting into PIC development then Proton seems to offer more depth. I also got the impression from the PIC Basic forum that many "professional" users appear to migrate from PBP to Proton so that really sparked my interest.....but I'm still learning (slowly), and easing myself into this.