PDA

View Full Version : IC-Prog 1.05D

david
8th May 2005, 02:22
Hi All,
I finally downloaded a long awaited version of IC-Prog (1.05D) that supports my elderly 16F88 devices but all is not well.

Its first complaint is "Can not find file specified while starting driver"
When clicking on "OK" it repeats the error report. Again clicking on "OK" results in a further error report - "Priveleged instruction". Clicking its "OK" button finally launches the programme with my correct file loaded but then hangs.

I'm using XP and I'm sure the path in Proton+ (2.15) is set correctly.
Has anyone else had problems?

Cheers,
David

david
8th May 2005, 03:38
Ooops!
Helps to retain the NT/2000/XP driver from the last installation.

All better now.

Cheers,
David

mister_e
8th May 2005, 08:49
i already heard something like that. You can allow the program to run as a windows 98 or use windows API instead of direct i/o settings.

IanHemmingsen
8th May 2005, 23:25
Have a look at WinPIC

Author: Wolfgang Buescher, DL4YHF
dl4yhf@qsl.net
www.qsl.net/dl4yhf

I have better luck with this on some chips.

Wasn't aware ICPROG Ver1.05D had been released. He did a beta version D for me last year to support 16F88. It worked but very sensitive to rise times (and different computer's serial interface) for successful programming. This is made worse if trying to ICSP as well.
Have a try with MCLR rise before Vpp settings changed

Between the 2 programs I manage most of the time.

I am now building ICD2 clone, as I think cheap bit banger programmer circuits haver come to the end of the line as far as newer chips from Microchip are concerned.

david
9th May 2005, 10:12
Hello Ian,
I did try WinPIC and it did programme the 16F88 chips I had but just wasn't as convenient. I haven't actually tried IC-Prog 1.05D on the 88s since installing but then what can go wrong.......!

The simple home built programmers are great to start with but as you mention they will come unstuck somewhere down the line.
The JDM type just doesn't work with 12F675 with internal oscillator unless you delay application of the supply through hardware. I changed to the Feng 3 and that has worked well for all the bits I have from 8 pin to 18 pin.

Whatever the little short comings of hardware or software, I remain eternally grateful to those amateurs who make their hard won efforts available to us all for no financial gain.

Cheers,
David