PDA

View Full Version : High shipping cost to the U.S

rcurl
5th December 2004, 15:25
I am ready to upgrade to the PDS, but I am not happy about having to pay $68 for shipping to the United States. Shipping costs almost as much as the upgrade.

I understand resellers cannot offer the upgrade.

Will Crownhill be opening the U.S. branch office soon? Can I purchase the upgrade from there?

Thanks!

Rick

Lester
5th December 2004, 18:49
We are currently looking for new staff for the US office. Once we have the US office fully manned it will open.

UpGardes are currently available ONLY from Crownhill in the UK.

rcurl
5th December 2004, 20:59
Thanks for the response, Lester.
One of the many beauties of Proton is its reasonable cost. It seems a shame to have to pay so much for shipping on it. I know this probably seems petty, but there's got to be a more cost-effective means to deliver the product. I would think this may be keeping many in the U.S. from upgrading (or making the initial purchase).

Are there no other shipping methods that cost less?

Thanks for a GREAT product!

Rick

Tim
5th December 2004, 21:21
While they cannot offer the update from Proton to PDS, Rentron sell the compiler in the US WWW.RENTRON.COM

rbihler
6th December 2004, 14:06
While they cannot offer the update from Proton to PDS, Rentron sell the compiler in the US WWW.RENTRON.COM

I am also waiting for a US distributor to offer the upgrade. My company purchases and sells to the UK, to ship packages the cost is very high. However if we ship using the standard mail system insured we can exchange at a much better cost than $68.00 dollars per small package. Although this is still a bargain for the quality of the product, It kills me to spend almost as much on shipping as the product.

crankshaft
6th December 2004, 23:25
I know it's no consolation to you but it's the same both ways, I just ordered half a dozen prototyping PCBs from the US, the shipping cost was $50.00 !

Crankshaft